what do people mean?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

wondercheese
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

what do people mean?

Post by wondercheese » Fri May 21, 2004 7:37 pm

in my time i've learned that trusting is dangerous and people say things they dont mean to try and get me to trust. lately, i'm havnig trouble decoding what people really want from me. my lab supervisor knows i'm falling apart, i guess cause i'm not acting normal (all my work is still being done well though) she asked me yesterday if I was okay and I said i was (not a complete lie, there's nothig wrong with my body) she said she didn't believe that and that i shouldn't suffer in silence and that i know where to find her if i need to talk. i guess i don't know if i should take that at face value or if i should run and pretend happyness like i'm so good at but is tireing. how do i know if people really mean what they say. my neighbor says the same stuff and i believe her but i've known her a long time and she's seen me crazy before. my advisor hasn't and i don't want to drag other into this it's no t fair to spread the suffering is it? i guess i just don't know what to do. i think i can muddle through the last 3 weeks of my college education but i dont know about that for sure. i'm afraid i'm heading towards falling very hard on my face. i just wish other people whernt such a miystery.
wondercheese

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sat May 22, 2004 4:43 am

you choose who to trust... & start small...
i've found that trust is a choice. it doesn't work to wait until i'm 100% convinced that someone is trustworthy. at the same time it's true... that there are some people who you don't want to trust with certain things.
also imo it's worse to keep everything to u'rself & not allow anyone to help... than it is to chance 'spreading misery'.
maybe tell her 'i've been feeling depressed lately' or whatever... start kinda general... & see how she responds... then go from there
good luck with whatever you decide :grnstar:

Seeshellz
my other car is a bus
my other car is a bus

Post by Seeshellz » Sat May 22, 2004 6:24 pm

I'm sorry you're going through so much right now.

I think it takes time to find out who you trust. You are not going to be able to spill your guts out to anyone.

I agree with the above post to start out small, like I am feeling kinda depressed lately - that sounds like a good start.

Your neighbour you said you've known them for a long time. Do you think you could trust them? Start small and see what happens. I'm just trying to help. Just don't spill everything out at once, I think someone would feel overwhelmed at first.

I hope I gave you some good ideas.

Love, Shelley

:D :D :D
"If you learn from your suffering,

and really come to understand the lesson you were taught,

you might be able to help someone else who's now

in the phase you may have just completed.

Maybe that's what it's all about after all..."

Anonymous

wondercheese
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by wondercheese » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:51 pm

::sigh:: why can't I just know the secret fomulas of society that other people seem to know. How is it that I didn't get a copy of the rule book to society? I mean, it seems like the people around just know how to interact with eachother. I have no clue how to talk to other people, or how to understand what they want from me. It would be great if someone could just teach me how, but I think that the rule's are suposed to be a secret from me. There has be a secret formula of how to deal with people, or else how would other people know how and I don't? I must have missed that day in preschool!

wondercheese