the urgue

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

stripin_hate
one of us
one of us

the urgue

Post by stripin_hate » Thu May 20, 2004 2:38 am

I shave my arms and I was trying to cut myself at least 8 times and in class i tried to cut my wrist on paper. I under a lot of stress to finish my science project, to pass the SOL's and our 5 exams and if we fail we stay in 7th grade I have like 4 pages of make up work any advice on how to deal with stress like this

erinmv
honored elder
honored elder

Post by erinmv » Thu May 20, 2004 3:46 am

Obsessing over how much stuff you have to do won't help at all. I'm really good at whipping myself into a frenzy over how stressed I am. Then I realize I end up spending more time and energy stressing over what I have to do than it would actually take to just do what needs to be done! So don't just sit and freak out. Break it down into smaller jobs. Instead of looking at the 5 tests you have to take, look at each individual one. Take one things at a time. Go somewhere to study where you won't be distracted. And ask for help if you need it. All I know is, if you spend too much time stressing, you'll wear yourself out. Good luck.
Your suffering will free you
***OTEP***

Seeshellz
my other car is a bus
my other car is a bus

Post by Seeshellz » Sat May 22, 2004 6:59 pm

VERY STRESSED OUT!!

I've been there many times myself. It is hard to deal with. I still have a hard time. But, I've learned some stress strategies:

Distract:

I use computer games, call or visit a friend, having a tea or coffee (decaf) and even colouring in a colouring book. reading a joke book, work on puzzles, watch engaging TV or thrilling Movies, read something enthralling.
(These help me get my mind of the stressor and relieve stress too.)

Self Soothe: (helps with the feeling that come along with the stress)

Smell the flowers, relax on my balcony on a sunny day, look at photos in an album, light candles(watch the flame), fix your nails, listen to music, smell pot pourri, treat yourself to a wonderful dessert, eat candy, take a bubble bath, pet your dog or cat, put creamy lotion on yourself and best of all HUG someone.

I hope these things help. I know the stress is there, but these things are things to help you distract and soothe yourself while you are going through it. I find trying more than one will help.

Anyway, take it easy,

Love, Shelley

:D :D :D
"If you learn from your suffering,

and really come to understand the lesson you were taught,

you might be able to help someone else who's now

in the phase you may have just completed.

Maybe that's what it's all about after all..."

Anonymous