New Method of Coping!

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Chaocontrol6
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

New Method of Coping!

Post by Chaocontrol6 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:41 pm

This is for the guys mainly but I don't know with girls shaving legs because they don't use aftershave...do they?

Well anyway I allow this to be a coping method every morning because when I SI, I like to feel the pain and get that sort of release. Sooo what I have done is bought some of that really expensive aftershave (Lynx, lurvely!) and after having a nice shave, just slap a nice big handful of that aftershave over my face. It really stings hard, but only for a split second, and it's that which I sort of use as my moment of real "pain" but at the same time I get to have a nice smooth face and great fragrance in the process :)

It also helps me get in a routine of shaving so stop my hairs overgrowing :)

N.B. If you are triggered by razors, then I guess this isn't for you, but I guess this all depends on how you approach coping methods I guess. This is just another one of hundreds of ideas and if one person uses it (even if it's just me) then it's good enough for me :)

:bluestar: Jason :bluestar:
Just let time tell the story, and act accordingly. (Phrase by myself)
H.A.L.T!!! (Genius!!)
These feelings too, shall pass. (BUS phrase?)
The power lives in me!(Place)

Jamas
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Re: New Method of Coping!

Post by Jamas » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:08 am

Yes, I've tried things like that with some success, too. Like rinsing my mouth with Listerine after brushing my teeth - the stinging from the mouthwash makes my eyes water, and it does help me feel calmer. :-)