Si ing for the sake of Siing *SI* (duh) :P

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Artemisia
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Si ing for the sake of Siing *SI* (duh) :P

Post by Artemisia » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:08 pm

a tad graphic... please beware of triggers.

what do you do when all you've been doing for the last 2 weeks/months/days etc... is thinking about cutting and not doing it? I've held out for so long (well long for me anyway :oops: ) that i've gotten into a habit of putting it off, listening to my feelings, as much as i can, (which isn't a lot) and still wanting to cut. I've done the drawings and the writings and i still want to cut. i want to go home and slice myself up; my shoulders ache because i'm holding back so much, i just want that release.

this was after reading the thread "the last time i wanted to SI and i didn't because" but no amount of distracting myself or willpower has made this urgy feeling go away. and i don't know if i want to live my life with this permanently hanging over my head. arg... make. it. stop. i can't do this anymore.
"A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages"

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=135967 <<<My Place (please read and comment; it are lonely here :blush: )

LoverlyLaurie is my soul sister :D

Roxi is my twisted sister

secretpain
settling in
settling in

Re: Si ing for the sake of Siing *SI* (duh) :P

Post by secretpain » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:05 pm

i'm sorry :1hug: <--- if okay
you decide what path u follow in life so choose carefully

Artemisia
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Artemisia » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:27 am

stupid me slipped a couple of days ago and now i want to do it again. and after all the stress of fighting it, i wonder what's the point? it's not like it actually harms me in any permanent way...so i say screw it. or maybe i don't. i don't know. phnarrrg. :o my brain protests.

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=135967 <<<My Place (please read and comment; it are lonely here :blush: )

Stawberry_Lollipops
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by Stawberry_Lollipops » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:14 pm

Its hard I know, but I believe you can do it! We can't learn to *not* SI overnight or in a matter of days or weeks, recovery takes a long time. Even people who haven't SIed for years still struggle sometimes and some even relapse because that’s the nature of addiction, its not just about stopping SI, its about dealing with emotion effectively plus a whole bunch of other factors that come into it. Its a addiction and in order to fight an addiction it not only takes an incredible amount of willpower and support but time. Give yourself that time, allow yourself to make mistakes and stay strong and most importantly stay safe hun.

:bluestar: :dkpurpstar: :bluestar: Ness :bluestar: :dkpurpstar: :bluestar:
~ My Place ~

"Rejoice in our suffering, suffering produces perserverance, perserverance - character and character hope"

* ~ * ~ * ~ *

“There is no use trying,” said Alice; “One can’t believe impossible things!”
“I dare say you haven’t had much practise,” said the Queen. “When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day
Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” - Lewis Carroll

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to the difference.

Artemisia
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Artemisia » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:10 am

thanks sp, hugs always good :) Ness, :1hug: eee thanks for the kind words love. nice to be loved when my brain thrashes itself for SI. thankee hun hope yr well too?

Stawberry_Lollipops
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by Stawberry_Lollipops » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:41 pm

No worries hun :) My brain thrashes itself for SI too, its like a never ending cycle. I SI to feel better and then feel bad for SI-ing. I wouldn't say I'm well, but I'm managing to keep my head above water so to speak. I guess that's a good thing.

:bluestar: :dkpurpstar: :bluestar: Ness :bluestar: :dkpurpstar: :bluestar:
~ My Place ~

"Rejoice in our suffering, suffering produces perserverance, perserverance - character and character hope"

* ~ * ~ * ~ *

“There is no use trying,” said Alice; “One can’t believe impossible things!”
“I dare say you haven’t had much practise,” said the Queen. “When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day
Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” - Lewis Carroll

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to the difference.

Katylee
building community
building community

Post by Katylee » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:30 am

No matter what happens, you are a good person. Hugs if okay.
Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you’re alive it isn’t.
- Richard Bach

ImageMy Place: Life sucks compared to what?

http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... 19#3551519

Artemisia
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Artemisia » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:55 am

:1hug: tnx all :star:

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:34 pm

i can't do this anymore.
You can do it. It's not easy, not by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not impossible either (even though it very well may feel like it at the time ) If you have gone one day without SI , you can do another and another after that. Sometimes it's frustrating when you think "I have not SIed in 3 weeks... wow that's forever, I really need to hurt myself, I can't go on for longer" - and sometimes it's easier to treat each day as an individual day of 24 hours in which you try your best to choose healthy means of coping.

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

Artemisia
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Artemisia » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 am

thank you, i know yr right, just hard to keep perspective; thank you tho :1hug:

SplinteredGirl
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by SplinteredGirl » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:05 pm

great post. i can really relate. last time i slipped thats exacly what was going through my brain...

:cyheart:

Artemisia
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Artemisia » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:30 pm

SplinteredGirl wrote:great post. i can really relate. last time i slipped thats exacly what was going through my brain...

:cyheart:
thanks! that's very reassuring, that i'm not a nut, and that you feel the same, and that you think it was great :oops: thanks, you've made my day :blush: