Online CBT

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

amyfairy
postinating the countryside
postinating the countryside

Online CBT

Post by amyfairy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:56 am

Hey everyone,

I remember a year ago when I went to the doctors re: anxiety I was directed to an internet site called MoodGYM. I just did a quick BUS search and although it's mentioned briefly in a post, a lot of people probably haven't heard of it and I think it could be really helpful. It's an Australian site but anyone can use it, you just need to register.

http://www.moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome

More recently, they have set up e-couch which may also be useful.

http://ecouch.anu.edu.au/welcome

So thought I'd pass on the links :)

Ananya
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Ananya » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:33 pm

I've just signed up to the site. :)

I wonder if the links could be put in the sourcebook forum, if others find the site helpful?

*Edit to add: Two hours later, I've tried some of the exercises. I really do recommend this site!*

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:30 pm

wow Amy , thanks for sharing. I've just signed up for both of the sites , done a module of each and they are quite helpful. I second the sourcebook idea :)

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

zazie
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by zazie » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:34 am

Thanks. I started this, and it looks useful.

caged bird
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by caged bird » Sat May 02, 2009 11:06 am

that's really frustrating i'm sure there was a sticky about this a while back becasue i remember my gp reccomending it too. another one to try is ...

Living life to the full
visit my website
My Place

Being almost devastated is horrible because it lingers. But total devastation brings a kind of peace. It lets you give up.
Thieves and Kings: Volume Two by Mark Oakly

The line between normal and crazy seemed impossibly thin. A person would have to be an expert tightrope walker in order not to fall.
Running with scissors - Augusten Burroughs

Demosthenes
settling in
settling in

Post by Demosthenes » Sat May 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Thank you so lot for sharing the resources. :wink: