coping?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

secrets1109
one of us
one of us

coping?

Post by secrets1109 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:46 am

well im new on here.
this is only my second post.
but i have a question.
someone may have asked this before but like i said im new so i dont know.
but.....

im really wanting to stop cutting... does anyone know any coping methods?

ive heard of running when you feel like cutting. or snapping a rubber band. or using red markers to look like blood. but do you guys know any different ones?

take care all.

StevieLynn
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by StevieLynn » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:34 pm

Hey there! Welcome! Has anyone given you a cow yet? Here ya go: Image

Anyway, try reading the Sticky marked Scarily VAST List of Coping Mechanisms. It's got like, three hundred ideas of things you can do depending on your urge. Personally, I like to knit, it keeps my hands and mind busy. I also have a safety box, which is a box I put things in to do when I feel urgy. I have my favorite music burned onto a CD, a bible, some clay, some friendship string, a box of crayons, and I did magazine cutouts decopaged all over it for another distraction.

Good luck finding what works for you!

Love,
Stevie
In Which Something Oooh Occurred

And it felt like a winter machine that you go through and then you catch your breath and winter starts again, and everyone else was springbound. And when I chose to live, there was no joy, it's just a line I crossed. I wasn't worth the pain my death would cost, so I was not lost or found....But when you live in a world, well, it gets in to who you th ought you'd be. And now I laugh at how the world changed me. I think life chose me after all.
--Dar Williams

secrets1109
one of us
one of us

Post by secrets1109 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:14 pm

oh thanks.
i didnt even see that list on the forum.
but ill have to go look at it now.
thank you.
:)
take care.