Just curious *sex*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Pained-Beauty
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Just curious *sex*

Post by Pained-Beauty » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:29 pm

Okay, Well mmm
Is it normal to use sexual like Masturbation and sex as a way to distract yourself from everything going wrong in someones life.

Me and my boyfriend have both found that sex has helped us deal with some hardships, and a few times it has been rough, steamy sex with lots of forplay, and a few times, he looked at me and told me "I need to be close to you" and kissed me and it went from there.

I have also found myself a lot of the time distracting myself by masturbating if i get upset or something, And it makes me feel so much better. like the urges to SI are usually compleatly gone...

Has anyone else heard or experiances similar things?

Pained-Beauty
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by Pained-Beauty » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:04 pm

Anyone?

kittyfever
driving instructor
driving instructor

Post by kittyfever » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:38 pm

You know, I never have really given it any thought, but you might be right. People always say they are sexually frustrated and sex helps that. We're emotionally hurt and depressed or down and generally frustrated...maybe its not the healthiest way to think about sex, but in the end it can be used as a great distraction..I guess we just have to try to be safe about it lol.

But yeah, I think I've been there. For me the urge to hurt myself really never goes away like you expressed..it'll always be in the back of my head, but yeah I can relate to what you've said. I think its one of those endorphin rush causes brief pleasure and happiness so you feel fine..really self injury and sex could serve a similar function in that respect. Hope things are well.

Luscious Peanut
settling in
settling in

Post by Luscious Peanut » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:20 pm

Don't forget our country was founded by PURITANS. We americans tend to feel tentative about anything sexual.

Dude. That sounds like the perfect lemonade out of lemons. It's really support from a loved one. Sex can be a GOOD thing in a good relationship. You're not weird. I'm gonna go do this right now. 8) Exhaust the heck out of yourself, give yourself the endorphins you crave, with someone loving? What's wrong with that?
Thanks for posting a great idea,
Luci Pea
"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
Emile Zola

Pained-Beauty
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by Pained-Beauty » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:39 pm

Yeah, I know sex isn't a bad thing...

Well also sometimes things may be going crappy, and then we have sex and then things seem a lot better. Is that because he's only looking for sex, or because it is "Making love" thats going to show you your true emotions for someone. We've been together for 5 months. I took his second kiss, first make out, and everything after that.

That really hurts me because i've slept with people before we started dating. And we're talking about moving in together as soon as im legal.
My past does sometimes bother him, I've also been hurt a lot in it, So its hard for him because he cant exactly blame me for what I did, But also it hurts him a lot. He hates the fact that i've slept with Espically one particular person, a friend of his.

He's had nightmares about the sexual assaults i've been through.
one just the other night, He misses me so much. Im seeing him tomorrow.
Im scared my past is going to cause other problems...

Anyone else had this problem?

DecemberLivy
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring

Post by DecemberLivy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:53 pm

sex is a release, and its common to use sex and masturbation to deal with things. I'd worry about it being a 'distraction' though. Sex is a great way to let off steam but you mustn't let it distract you from the real issue. Like they say, treat the illness not the symptom. I know of people who have used masturbation as a coping technique to deal with SI urges, I think that's perfectly fine and obviously alot healthier. But as I said before, try to work on the real issue causing your urges as well. I always think of our emotions like natural alarm bells, if your body/mind is telling you something isn't right you've got to listen and not just keep repressing it.

I hope you work things out, feel free to PM me

L
<center>my walpole cafe

"My life's a mess"
"That's the way it's supposed to be" - soap -
</center>

I think I'll paint roads
on my front room walls
to convince myself
that I'm going places.

SplinteredGirl
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by SplinteredGirl » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:31 am

if it makes you feel good and its not beco0mking like a addiction, whats so wrong with it É :P

yoursforever_me
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by yoursforever_me » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:36 pm

i've not actually done it myself but i have heard sex/masturbation is a good alternative cos it uses energy and it relaeses loads of endorphins and stuff.
♫then she closed her eyes found relief in His life and she put down her knives♫

myfriendscallmeerika
growing roots
growing roots

yep

Post by myfriendscallmeerika » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:31 pm

i've used sex and masturbation both as ways to handle my emotions. if im angry i will have rough long exhausting sex. if im depressed i will want more cuddling, more tenderness. whats weird for me (mostly with drug use, not si. ) is that what started out as a symptom has taken on a life of its own and now become the illness. know what i mean?

anywhooo, seeing as how i am married and only have sex with hubby and he's always more than willing to oblige....it causes no problems for me. :)

luv
erika

BlacKat
growing roots
growing roots

Post by BlacKat » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:26 am

Just figured I'd add my 2c:

You mentioned sexual assault. Masturbation, even compulsive masturbation, is common in people who have experienced SA. Can be good or bad depending on the circumstances. I'll see if I can dig up some stuff for you - I should be in bed and my memory's not working.
Nox et Dies

No hugs, please. Pretty flowers, butterflies, and cups of tea are appreciated. So are cats. Or random stuff.

cactus716
one of us
one of us

masturbation

Post by cactus716 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:26 pm

I had terrible time with this issue. At the early age of 4 i would mastrbate until I was raw, even pinching myself down there
till I would bleed.
So I feel it can be a form of SI.

sorry
create in me a clean heart

Chaocontrol6
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Chaocontrol6 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Interesting response, and as a guy anyway and for one that has been desperate in needing a release that isn't involving SI then sometimes I have gone and masturbated at home in my bed. To me it isn't anything sexual because I do not intend on having a relationship with anybody, so really I just focus on the process of it being a release that is coming out of my body and it 1,000,000 times better than cutting myself.

:grnstar: Jason :grnstar:
Just let time tell the story, and act accordingly. (Phrase by myself)
H.A.L.T!!! (Genius!!)
These feelings too, shall pass. (BUS phrase?)
The power lives in me!(Place)

Joseph
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by Joseph » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:27 pm

I use sex masturbation to escape feelings ever since the SA. Unfortunately I evolved to use sex as a form of Si as well.

If I find myself alone I nearly always use sex to make that time pass up to entire days because I struggle with the feelings of loneliness. This cycle can turns to SI via my sexual reactions as I get angry and disgusted with myself.

My therapist told me my submissive sexual desires behaviors are just my appetite and not SI but honestly it has been both. I will do most anything to not feel these feelings SI tends to be the ending of the emotional pain self hate cycle.

I am married but there is little sex there as I cannot express myself to my vanilla wife. So sex after the initial high of being and merging with a new person turns into emotionally insecurity resulting from my sharing with that person my past. That just leads me back to to being abandoned. All of this returns me to paid for encounters that enable me to remain detached.

This is what drove me here because I don't want to humiliate and punish myself anymore. This last breakup weakened my compartmentalization of my feelings and memories. It is like I am leaking and feelings at the cracks and I have to let them out or I get right back on the cycle again. I am trying to feel my feeling for a change even it it is a spoon full at a time
My name is Joseph, formally sirjnj.
place
Workshop
Just for Today
*Hugs & PMs Welcome*
I have a BUS family now :)
SprinkleZ, Kate, and a7xcncangel are my sisters