Mandalas :)

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Mandalas :)

Post by Roxi » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:13 pm

Something which I like to do as a distration when I feel triggered or when I am stressed out is to colour mandalas. They are nicer to colour by hand, but today my printer wasn't working so I used good old paint to do this one (below) ...it took ages (zooming in and colouring pixel by pixel) and I was feeling in a much safer space when I finially finished~! :)

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:23 pm

Colouring mandalas is great :)

I have a bunch of velvet boards with lions on them that I colour (you colour in the white parts, not the black velvet parts) when I get bored or urgy.

I've made lions some VERY INTERESTING colours (who's ever heard of a turquoise lion?!)
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

Ice_crystal
bus addict
bus addict

Post by Ice_crystal » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:20 pm

I like mandalas too. :) I colored them a lot while I was in clinic, because there was a huge selection of different mandalas.
Member of the Welcome wagon

I guess some people are just born with tragedy in their blood.

Sorry for language mistakes! :cowsleep:
My place: Walking on an icy road

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:02 am

Ice crystal - funnily enough I first came accross them when I was IP too :) I did one in pastels the first day I was there .

Spidey , Is this what you are talking about ?

...I had a really big one (A2 size) of a geisha :D

We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving… We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins… We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything." - Courtney Martin.

Priceless
staff member emeritus
staff member emeritus
Location: Theres something rotten in the state of Denmark, and its not me!

Post by Priceless » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:24 am

mandalas are wonderfull.
i got a mandala coloring book by my parents for my birthday
they are really good.

<center>
|| my place *read 1 post please* || my livejournal || || my deviant-art ||
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
-- Frank Outlaw

Proud member of OATS - Oldies against text speak

</center>

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:48 pm

I am OBSESSED with mandalas. I was so excited to see this thread. Yours is beautiful, Roxi. :)

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:17 am

Yeah Roxi, those!

I never use the markers that come with them though because I have a shiny and good set of my own :)
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

hi

Post by Candy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:08 pm

I love to color Manadala,if I spell that right. It helps me to relax and to keep myself from thinking about what is bothering me. I love them!!
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:55 pm

...and another one....

Ice_crystal
bus addict
bus addict

Post by Ice_crystal » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:29 pm

did you made this all by computer?? :o
I tried yesterday, but it took me ages, and since I'm not very patient... :oops:

how long did it take?

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:54 am

I colored it on the computer...didn't do the outline if that's what you mean though - just got a template from a website. It took me about half an hour; I am not very patient either, but when I am stressed I need something to focus all my enegry on

Ice_crystal
bus addict
bus addict

Post by Ice_crystal » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:15 am

.didn't do the outline if that's what you mean though
yes, I know. :wink: copied mine from a website too. But it took me ages anyway...

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:15 pm

at first they took me quite a while too, but I am rather nifty on paint now 8)

styled_wrong
beyond inspiring
beyond inspiring

Post by styled_wrong » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:16 pm

they have really helped me i love colouring them in
scars are tattoos with better stories
it's hard to answer the question whats wrong, when nothing is 'right'
Not all scars show. Not all wounds heal. Sometimes you cant always see the pain someone feels

Beasty
troll sniper
troll sniper

Post by Beasty » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:56 am

Haha I saw Tibetan monks make one in person, with the sand and everything! It was so cool. I even have a little vial of the sand they used :-D
"No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There’s always a boom tomorrow. What? Look, somebody’s got to have some damn perspective around here. Boom, sooner or later. BOOM!" - Susan Ivanova

Eisa = Beasty's Twin

Beasty's Place!

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:24 pm

Doing mandalas is about 300% more fun with my tablet :D
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

Roxi
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by Roxi » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:22 pm

tablet ? like meds> ? ooo- what kind ?