help.

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

neverENOUGH2010
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

help.

Post by neverENOUGH2010 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:19 pm

ok. so. its been almost two weeks since my last SI. and i really wanna do this but its not going well. at all. im easily agitated at anything. so i unintentionaly pick fights with anyone not meaning to say certain things then it causes all this negativity that is USUALLY the cause for my SI. but im trying not to. but my triggers are even worse now that im NOT. how do i control my emotions (from the irritatedness to the needing to SI) without SIing???

i know i sound really stupid...
+MySacrifice+

Its the little moments in life that make you realize how worth while it is to conitinue on even in the worst of pain.......

"obstacles are put in our way to see if what we want is truly worth fighting for"

I do not need to SI. I am stronger than my depression. I will not let it get the best of me or my life. My cutting does not define who i am.

36 hours SI free....

shammy
settling in
settling in

Post by shammy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:34 pm

First of all...you do not sound stupid. I greatly appreciate and respect the fact that you came on the forum to express how you are feeling.

Big congrats on being two weeks SI-free. I hope that you are proud of that accomplishment!

I wish I had the answers as to how you can stop feeling the need to SI right now. Do forum games, art, writing, etc help keep your mind occupied? Can you do something you enjoy to keep yourself distracted from having these thoughts and feelings?

I used to pick fights with people that I loved. I was probably po'd at something totally unrelated to them but it was as though I wanted to test how unconditional there love was for me. Now when I see myself heading in that direction--I think--"Would I want someone to treat me this way?" and it nips the whole thought of picking a fight in the bud.

I hope you find what you are looking for--and please know that I'm proud of you for posting how you are feeling/thinking. ((hugs))