therapy woes

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

bg
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

therapy woes

Post by bg » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:39 pm

had a horrible session today, they said i have to cancel my appt if i sh. I just had surgery due to sh, they were furious, and spent the hour telling me of, so i said I'm not coming in next week, due to sh, and I'll skip the week after that, just to show them. I am thinking of quitting therapy, I've been in it for 6 years, but the last two years they have been no help. my p-doc will terminate me when she see's me, due to sh, she has warned.

I am now required to go to meetings with some group, my choice, but DBSA was a waste of time, NAMI is only once a month. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am thinking of starting my own BPD support group here in Dallas, there are none here, and we are not like bipolars, etc, we sh, which no one can relate to. any input appreciated.
always alone :(

pugdriver
settling in
settling in

Post by pugdriver » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:59 am

Maybe they are trying tough love. Might be a good time to call and tell them that you don't feel like y'all have made any progress in the last couple of years and see if they should recommend a referral. No matter who may be at fault, don't blame, they'll take it personally and no one gets help. Sorry that things don't seem to be working out.
Don't mind me, I'm just taking dictation from the voices.