Academic Issues

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

silent_end
cow control
cow control

Academic Issues

Post by silent_end » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:11 pm

It been a long semester and an even longer first year at university and although i only have two weeks left i can't seem to pull myself together and get my last few assignments done. i keep procrastinating and i have absolutely not morale or motivation to do anything..... its ridiculous i f*****g hate it and i hate myself even more for it. I feel like a total failure getting extensions on my papers because i am unable to meet the deadline as my T put it due to psychological/emotional grounds.... wtf does that even mean.... ahhhhhh :argggh: i feel like just ending it all and just giving up on everything i can't take this anymore and i wish it will all just end but of course i don't have enough courage to go through with it..... I'm just having a crappy day today and feeling low and like SU and SI... talk to my T on Thursday but not sure what to say to her w/o landing myself in the hospital cause she thinks i''m unsafe ... ergggg soooo sooo soo soo frustrated right now and wish that i wasn't here plus my friends are pissing me off and i feel so alone and unwanted and rejected by my friends and my parents..... life just isn't worth living anymore... :-? :cry: Maybe it will be better for everyone if i wasn't here anymore....
MY Expressions-This is my Life

My Place-Perfectly-Broken

My PBH-Shattered Dreams Unwind

My Blog Beauty from Pain: Inside EDNOS

Hedley-The perfection of my frailty has been questioned and broken

Green Day – Somebody keep my balance
I think I'm falling off Into a state of regression
The expiration date Rapidly coming up
It's leaving me behind to rank

Evanessence-Listen to each drop of rain
Whispering secrets in vain
Frantically searching for someone to hear
Their story before they hit ground

kiwi33
board admin
board admin

Post by kiwi33 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:23 pm

Hi silent_end

In my day job I am a Uni lecturer so maybe I can give you some advice about your assignments etc.

Often a good trick is to break them up into manageable chunks

Ie, rather than thinking "Oh, f***, I have to do a zillion assignments, I will never make it" go for "OK, in the next hour I am going to write half a page for assignment 2".

That way the task won't be so overwhelming.

Hope this helps.

Struggling
growing roots
growing roots

Post by Struggling » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:48 am

Also, even though you feel shitty about the extensions just go with it and understand that they've been given to you to help you out. You've done a whole year and you're so nearly at the end. Don't give up now when once these assignments are in you have a lovely break to look forwad to, use to reassess and chill out in.

Good luck

:star:
Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat. Time will pass.

This is my place, feel free to post:
http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=123023

silent_end
cow control
cow control

Post by silent_end » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:13 am

I know they were given to me help me out and its just I'm so tired of trying of doing anything. I'm just at the point where if i had the guts to do so i would end it now and i can't even SI because my wrists are already covered and i can't talk to anyone right now because i don't want to burden them and no one seems to care neways so why bother. plus i think my parents will finally realize that all is not well when I'm gone who know these are just thoughts not actions but sometimes i just wish that i could act on SU but i can't and won't. life is just so fucking frustrating to me and ahhhh i have so much anger frustration and anger bottled up inside that i don't know what to do i almost feel like just breaking down and crying but i can't even do that... life just hates me right now and I'm not exactly liking it.
MY Expressions-This is my Life

My Place-Perfectly-Broken

My PBH-Shattered Dreams Unwind

My Blog Beauty from Pain: Inside EDNOS

Hedley-The perfection of my frailty has been questioned and broken

Green Day – Somebody keep my balance
I think I'm falling off Into a state of regression
The expiration date Rapidly coming up
It's leaving me behind to rank

Evanessence-Listen to each drop of rain
Whispering secrets in vain
Frantically searching for someone to hear