learning to properly eat?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

break the dayx3
settling in
settling in

learning to properly eat?

Post by break the dayx3 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:40 pm

So yes, besides SI, I have also dealt with ED. Specifically anorexia.

I go through periods where I barely eat anything, and then at times I get all I do is stuff my face! I'm not very easily motivated but I would like to start excercising instead of eating everytime I'm not doing something. (During the stuff my face phase lol)

What I want to know is what can I do when I stop eating? It can get pretty severe and I don't want to end up in a hospital.

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:50 am

The idea, is to basically never let yourself get too hungry, or too full. Because it makes you want to swing to either extreme.

Have you thought about joing the Please Be Healthy forum? Go up^^ to "usergroups" and add yourself to it. There's lots of info there about ways to keep a balanced diet.

:redstar:
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

searching_for_solace
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by searching_for_solace » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:30 pm

I go though times when I eat nothing at all for days and days, or very little. Then months where I am completely normal.

When my food intake drops from three meals and snacks to a very very small meal made of snacks size portions, I tell my parents that I'm hungry and casually mention that I haven't eaten much latly. Then they step in and make sure I eat at least two meals and then eventually I get back to eating normally.

This only works for me because my parents already know the situation.

But maybe try that?
"...In this world you WILL have trouble..." John 16:33 (emphasis added)