dealing with parents. *long rant story*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

break the dayx3
settling in
settling in

dealing with parents. *long rant story*

Post by break the dayx3 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:16 pm

This is a big issue for me.
I feel like I'm at such a loss, I don't know what to do. I have my dad; who I am supposed to dislike, yet sometimes I feel bad for him. He rarely gets to see us, and he always talks about being poor. But then, he'll go behind my back, talking to his gf about how he's getting some super cut on his taxxes (which is weird because he's charging my mom for something? Coincidence? I doubt it) And then, theres mom; who always needs someone to save her. She's bipolar, and dealing with all her crazy swings can drive me nuts. I try so hard to give her the support she needs, and I know you won't always get it back but does she really need to live every-day like doomsday? She's on 8 million different meds and it makes her pretty loopy sometimes. I've had so many trust issues in the past with my parents that I'm completely paranoid. Even right now I'm wondering if my dad is going to somehow find this, and than I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do. I used to write a lot, until my parents found my books, and because of one thing they sent me to a psychiatrist & therapist for almost 3 years. Now I am extremely independent, and have always felt like no one could fix me except me. I need to do it, therapist are a load of bull to me. It's just hard trying to trust them, when they beat me back down into the ground. Issue after Issue.

Well I applaud anyone who read this, I just needed to vent.

..Josh..
one of us
one of us

Post by ..Josh.. » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:47 pm

You're not a loss

disastercake
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by disastercake » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:56 am

good job being independent, it's sad and hard sometimes when the child has to be the adult.
you could try an online site where you could write and password-protect what you write so there's no way your parents could get to it
:bfly: -Al :bfly:

"...And once you have tasted flight,
you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been,
and there you long to return..."
- Leonardo da Vinci

My Place