guilt? cunfusion *SI*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

kdmp12
one of us
one of us

guilt? cunfusion *SI*

Post by kdmp12 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:34 am

I slipped in the past few weeks and now i feel really guilyt...should I feel really guilty??

I had gone for 7 months without SIing and the suddenly the urges just go to strong..and I gave in. I am disappointed in myself and ashamed..I am not sure where I am going wit this...maybe some guidance or some advice?? not really sure...confused

disastercake
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by disastercake » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:03 am

The harder you are on yourself, the more you'll want to do it again. you have to accept that you made a mistake, and acknowledge that you'll learn from it and do better next time. You should not feel really guilty because everyone on here has slipped at least once. Congrats on going so long though, you should be proud for being that strong and realize that you've just hit a speed bump on your way to recovery
:bfly: -Al :bfly:

"...And once you have tasted flight,
you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been,
and there you long to return..."
- Leonardo da Vinci

My Place

Chaocontrol6
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Chaocontrol6 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:01 am

There's nothing wrong with feeling bad about it, however don't totally muck yourself up on it, it was a genuine mistake, it does happen. It isn't the end of the world and you CAN work from that and keep going at it.

7 months though, that's totally awesome!!! If you really don't want to lose that 7 months, then perhaps say "I've made 7 months SI-free but with only 1 slip" or something? That part some people prefer and some people don't but that part I'll leave to you :)

Keep it up though, you should be proud of what you have done so far :)

Jason :star:
Just let time tell the story, and act accordingly. (Phrase by myself)
H.A.L.T!!! (Genius!!)
These feelings too, shall pass. (BUS phrase?)
The power lives in me!(Place)

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:35 am

Nope, you felt bad, you slipped. And now you're feeling bad on top of feeling bad. And that's useless.

7 months is amazing. How many urges did you get through in 7 months that you exercised control and coped with your feelings? A LOT. Those things haven't been lost.

Dust yourself off, pick yourself up and try again :)

Maybe take a look here.
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins