Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:34 pm

I am doing pretty good so far. I had a great night sleep. I am cleaning my apartment and after that I am going to do positive things for myself. I also going to write in my journal. I go back to day treatment program tomorrow. I have not heard anything yet about when I am moving but when I do I will let everyone know. I am hanging in there. I will be back on the bus later on. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:08 pm

I got alot of things done so far. I cleaned my apartment and then I wrote in my journal,which helped me alot. I took a nap,cause I was soo tired out. I am doing alright,just watching t.v.,and relaxing. I am not sure what I am going to do the rest of the day,but as long as it is positive,that is better. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good. I will be back on later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:59 pm

I am doing pretty good so far. I already had dinner and did the dishes. My boy-friend is coming over in a half of hour and we are going out for awhile. I just feel anxious and I do not know why,so I thought going out would help me.I am feeling alot. The groups change today,so I will be not be in many of my groups with my boy-friend,and before the change of the groups we were always together,and I am not comfortable with changes,so that is why I am feeling anxious right now,but I will be alright. NO SI so far,that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am watching t.v.,and relaxing. I am hanging in there. I will be back on the bus sometime later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:32 am

I am doing alright. My boy-friend and I went out for awhile. We had a great time. We are watching t.v.,and relaxing. I am feeling pretty good and my moods are stable. I have day treatment program tomorrow,it will feel werid going on Tuesday,it is a change for me. NO SI so far,that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on before I go to bed. taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:38 am

I had a great night with my boy-friend. We watched t.v.,and took it easy. He left to go home to get some sleep,and I will be doing the same soon. I did not do any SI tonight and that is great. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going in. I am feeling pretty good and I am doing alright. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I had a great day and writing in my journal helped me alot. I will be just fine. I will be back on the bus tomorrow after I get home. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:36 pm

I had a rough night sleep,but I did not do any SI,which is good. I just good not get to sleep,so I watched t.v.,till I was tired. I am getting ready for program and I am looking forward to going in. I just wanted to say :wavey: HI to everyone . I am going to enjoy my day. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. Be back on later on. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:15 pm

I had a great day at program,and the new groups went great. I enjoyed them alot. I have a few things to do and then I am going to relax for awhile. My boy-friend will be over later on. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I also met with my therapist and that went great,we had a good talk. I am feeling pretty good today. I will be back on later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:34 pm

I got alot done so far. My boy-friend and I are going out for awhile,cause my mother is getting verbally abusive to me and I need to get away from here for awhile. I am doing alright. I am feeling somewhat anxious,but I am using my coping skills. I did not write in my journal tonight,cause I had other positive things to do,but tomorrow I will write in it. I do not know where we are going till he gets here,but I will find out. I am hanging in there.I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on later. taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:05 am

I had a great time with my boy-friend. We went to Walmart for awhile and looked around and then we came back to my apartment. We are relaxing and watching t.v.. I did not do any SI tonight and that is great. I have day treatment program tomorrow,and I am looking forward to it. I am feeling pretty good,just have bad cramps,but I took something for it. After my boy-friend leaves I will be going to bed. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there. I will be back on bus sometime tomorrow after program. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:40 pm

I had a great night sleep. My nurse messed up my medication before he went on vacation. I was suppose to take Xanax ER at bedtime,and he was giving it to me in the morning,but my therapist and I got it corrected,so boy I slept great. I am getting ready for program and I am looking forward to going in. NO SI last night,that is great. I am hanging in there. I will be back on the bus when I get home sometime. taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:46 pm

I had a great day at progarm. I am just feeling somewhat depressed,but I don't know why,it is just the way I am feeling. I am going to do things around the apartment that are positive and hopefully write in my journal. I will be just fine. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:15 am

I am doing alright. I took a nap for awhile,cause I was tired. Then I wrote in my journal which helped me alot.My boy-friend is here and we are watching t.v.. I am feeling alright just feeling anxious,but I am trying to relax which is not that easy. I am hanging in there. I have day treatment program tomorrow and then at 4pm I am getting my haircut,which will make me feel better. Then Friday morning I have to go the hospital,cause I have to have a utrasound on my right breast,the last time I had one done it was negative,so this will be the last one,trying not to worry. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I will be back on later.taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:18 am

I had a great night with my boy-friend. We just watched t.v.,and took it easy. He just went home to get some sleep and I will be doing the same thing soon. I have day treatment program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going in. Then I am going to get my haircut at 4pm and my boy-friend is going with me. I did write in my journal also. I did not do any SI tonight that is great. I have bad cramps,due to my monthly. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling alright. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:54 pm

I had a great night sleep. I am getting ready for program and I am looking forward to going in. After program at 4pm, I am getting my hair cut my boy-friend is taking me. I am doing alright and feeling pretty good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to have a good day. I will be back on the bus later after I get things done. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:59 pm

I just got home from program,the groups went great. I am going to take it easy for awhile till my boy-friend gets here to take me to get my haircut.Then we are going to relax and watch t.v.. Iam feeling pretty good,just got bad cramps,otherwise I am doing alright. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I also had a great talk with my therapist,she helped me alot. I will be back on the bus later. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:22 pm

glad the new groups are going well for ya :worm:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:03 am

I am doing alright. I went go get my haircut and it looks real nice, After we got back,we both took a nap,cause I was soo tired out. We are going to visit some friends in a little while. I am feeling alright. I have to get up at 7:30,cause I have to go to the hostipal for my test at 9:30 on my right breast. I am doing alright,just a little nervous.I did not do any SI so far,that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus later. taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:52 am

I am doing just fine. My boy-friend and I had a great time visiting. Now we are going to watch t.v.,and take it easy. After he leaves I will be going to bed,cause I have to get up early. I am doing alright,just tired. I did not do any SI tonight and that is great. I have to go to the hospital in the morning,my case-manager is coming over in the afternoon,and then my friend is taking me out for lunch. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:10 am

I just wanted to say Thanks for all the nice messages that I have received and it helped me alot. I will post here how I made out at the hospital tomorrow when I get home. Thanks so much. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:57 pm

I had a nervous morning. I went to the hospital for my test,and I was waiting for a half a hour,and when I asked them what took so long,they told me that I was schedule for a mammangon and a utrasound on my right breast,but when they took me back it was for a utrasound,and they told me not to worry and the doctor who looked at the pictures was not worried,that is what I was told. I am trying to calm down and relax. I am going to be alright. I have my case-manager coming over and then later my friend is taking me out for lunch. I will be just fine. I am going to relax and watch t.v. NO SI last night.I just have to wait till I hear from my doctor,not going to worry till then. I will be back on later. taking care of myself. :bcatsmile: