i feel[si]

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

piggylavigne

i feel[si]

Post by piggylavigne » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:55 pm

i just cut and i feel
horrible, guilty, trapped, sick, sore. and alot of indescribale emotions.
i dont understand, cos it usually helps =[
does anyone else ever get like this?
xxx

Morgoth
creating your space
creating your space

Post by Morgoth » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:10 pm

heya...

i feel exactly like that now...i also just SIed... :cry:

hope u feel better...

MORGOTH... :uhhh:
x.X.This Is Mayhem.X.x.

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:31 pm

might be one reason to look at the coping board & come up with some ideas of how to not self-harm & instead use some of the ideas posted here

kittyfever
driving instructor
driving instructor

Post by kittyfever » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:44 pm

I get like that sometimes. I agree with plantt. Here's to being better in the future :pinkheart::grnstar:

Flying Hippo
settling in
settling in

Post by Flying Hippo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:27 pm

Heya,

Maybe think of the situations where you feel happy, safe, ok. Like even if just a little bit. If you can't think of one where you feel happy, maybe settle for ok, or 'better than this' and then think about how you can recreate that situation now. Or think about how to recreate the self harm emotions without self harming. I think the before and after forum is really useful too, maybe give that a try.

*Hugs.*

Blue_Panther
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by Blue_Panther » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:09 am

I used to SI, but luckily I have someone very close to me now who used to also, who helped me a lot. While people go through different emotions when they SI, most are indescribable. Part of your brain is saying "no, this is bad!" when another part is saying "this helps, this is okay" This causes the bad feelings, and explains why it still helps. It's a hard thing to quit, but the best help is someone support. Someone you know truly cares for you. That can be a hard thing to find, and I went through 2 years without that. Yes, I used to feel like you do now, and for someone who SI's... I think it might be 'normal'. Who knows what normal is anyway?
Formerly FireZillah

I am a Blue Panther. Hear me growl. Grrrr. ~pet pet scratch pet~ *purr*

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clic ... ou_sitenav <--- please click, and help feed an animal for free!

Hugs welcomed. (I'm a cuddly person)

It's 11 o'clock. Do you know where your bass player is? <--- My place. Comments appreciated. Blue doesn't like talking to herself.

piggylavigne
town councillor
town councillor

Post by piggylavigne » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:37 pm

hey thanks everyone for your reply, i just rediscovered this post, because my account was deleted by accident..
thanks so much, it helps to know im not alone
:star:

You said, "I'm done feeling like a skeleton. No more sleep walking dead"
You're going to wake from this coma, you're going to crawl from this bed you have made.

Place
Expressions