can't concentrate

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

crizybatch
settling in
settling in

can't concentrate

Post by crizybatch » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:45 pm

I haven't SIed for over two years, and that's something that I'm usually so proud of. But over these past few days it has just made me feel foolish because I have wanted to SI so badly.
I have so much to do that my to-do lists have become a joke. I think I might be genuinely overwhelmed with school, various commitments, work, etc. The relationship I'm in is wearing at me. It's getting hard to make time for friends.
Not that it matters when I do make the time for anything-- because I can't concentrate. I feel like I'm living in some hazy space. I'm aware that the world exists, and that things are happening in it, but mostly I'm just starring, blinking, and barely processing.
Has anyone else ever felt this way? I feel so numb. But when I respond with numbness to everything, I get frustrated-- I guess I just feel empty and detached except for this frustration.

piggylavigne
town councillor
town councillor

yeah

Post by piggylavigne » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:00 pm

i know exactly how you feel.
everything just becomes too much to cope with and its horrible.
you need to take time to look after yourself and treat yourself, and not worry about everything you have to do.

sorry im not much help. =/
take care :)

You said, "I'm done feeling like a skeleton. No more sleep walking dead"
You're going to wake from this coma, you're going to crawl from this bed you have made.

Place
Expressions

crizybatch
settling in
settling in

Post by crizybatch » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:04 pm

Thanks, piggy.

Briony
building community
building community

Post by Briony » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:58 pm

I understand what you mean when you say that your to do lists are getting too huge. It sounds like you're getting overwhelmed with a whole bunch of stuff. Would it help you to step back and think about what three things are most important to you right now? One thing that's helped me a lot is putting things into 'boxes'. There are four boxes and they're in a square (pardon the ugly square):

-------------
- IU - InU -
-------------
- nIU - nInU -
-------------

:star: Important and Urgent things (like finishing a homework assignment that's due tomorrow)
:star: Important but not Urgent things (for me, this is posting or reading bus. It's important because it helps keep me sane :) but I don't have to do it right this instant)
:star: Unimportant and Urgent things (These are things like going to the bathroom or answering your cell phone.)
:star: Unimportant and not Urgent things (For me, this is surfing the internet and watching tv)

Once I know what are really important things, I can focus on those, and I don't get so worried about stuff that I've put in the 'unimportant' boxes.

ghoulie13
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by ghoulie13 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:25 am

dutfjrgfxntjzd mu;o/9p078t9ri