Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:08 pm

I am sorry that you are having a difficult time,and I am having a rough time also. Beisdes my friend passing away,I am having a rough time with depression and other negative behaviors,that are SI,but I will talk to my therapist about it tomorrow.I have a great day at program today and it went great. I have a few things to do,and then I will lay down for awhile.My boy-friend will be over later and we are going out for awhile. I hope you are going to be alright and I am here for you. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am hanging in there and taking care of myself. I will be back on later :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:40 am

I took a nap for awhile and then my boy-friend came over,then we went out for awhile. We are watching t.v.,and taking it easy. After he leaves I will be going to bed. I did not do any SI today,and that is great. I have day treatment program tomorrow and then I see my therapist,I will let her know how I am doing. I did not write in my journal today,but I will write in it tomorrow. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling alright. I feel safe as well. I am going to take care of myself. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow evening. hanging in there :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:58 pm

I am still having trouble sleeping and night. I will discuss this with my therapist. I did not do any SI at all,that is great. :star: I am getting ready for program. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing so-so,but I am hanging in there. I will be back on later when I get home. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:33 pm

I had a great day at program,and I had a good talk with my therapist,she helped me alot to understand why my behavior is acting the way it is. I am feeling pretty good and taking it easy. I am going to write in my journal to get things out that are bothering me. I am doing alright. I have a doctor appts in the morning and my friend is taking me out for lunch in the afternoon,meaning tomorrow. After I write in my journal I am going to lay down for awhile till my boy-friend gets here. I am taking care of myself. Be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:41 am

When I got things done around here,I wrote in my journal,and it helped me alot. Then I took a nap,and my boy-friend came over,we are watching t.v.,and taking it easy. I have to go to the doctor's in the morning and then in the afternoon,I am going out to lunch with my friend. I have not done any SI so far,and that is great. I am taking it easy and relaxing. I feel pretty good so far. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:42 am

I had a great evening with my boy-friend,we just watch t.v.,and took it easy. He went home to get some sleep and I will be going to bed real soon,cause I am tired. I did not do any SI today,and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good,just having cramps right now. I have to go to the doctor in the morning and then I am going out for lunch with my friend. I am taking it easy and taking care of myself. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow,hanging in there :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:56 am

I am just watching t.v.,and reading a book. I just took my medication for the night,and I hope I get a good night sleep,cause for the past couple of days I have not slept well. I will be fine and I am hanging in there. I will be back on tomorrow. taking care of myself :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:35 pm

I am doing alright,I slept pretty well. I went to see my doctor this morning and everything was fine. I am going to relax and later on my friend and I are going out for lunch. I am feeling pretty good. I did not do any SI last night,that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be just fine. I am going to do positive things to keep myself busy. I will be back on later :bcatsmile:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:45 pm

:wavey:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:34 pm

:wavey: Hi! I am doing alright. I just got back from going out to lunch with my friend,we had a great time. The rest of the day I am going to relax and take it easy. My boy-friend will be over later on. I am not sure what we are going to do,but I will find out when he gets here. I am feeling pretty good,somewhat depressed,but I am hanging in there. I did not write in my journal today,but I will tomorrow. I am taking care of myself. NO SI today,that is great,so far. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on the bus later on :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:30 am

I had a great evening so far,my boy-friend and I went out to Eastern Hills Mall and did some shopping,we had a great time. Now we are watching t.v.,and taking it easy. I am doing alright and I feel pretty good. NO SI today,and that is pretty good. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I did not write in my journal today,but I will write in it tomorrow. I am hanging in there and taking care of myself. I will be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:49 am

I had a great evening with my boy-friend,we watched a movie and had a great time. He just left to go home and get some sleep,and I will be going to bed real soon. I did not do any SI today,and that is great,it has not been easy,but I take it one day at a time. I just have to go to my mother's in the morning,and the rest of the day I am going to keep myself busy,doing positive things. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good and I am doing just fine. I am hanging in there. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow :bcatsmile:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:53 am

what movie did you watch?

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:57 am

It was a scary movie,cause there are times that we liked to watch them,so I can be close to my boy-friend. It was the new movie Carrie that came out,we also like funny movies and Walt Disney movies as well. Thanks for asking me. It was good,not that scary either. have a good night. Be back tomorrow :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:40 pm

I am still not sleeping well,and I am getting up all hours of the night,and it is getting me frustrated and it is affecting my moods,I need to tell my therapist about it. I am writing in my journal,cause I need to get feelings out that are bothering me. I did not do any SI last night,and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. My boy-friend will be over later,and we might go out tonight,not sure. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be fine and I am taking care of myself.I do not know why I am not sleeping well,but it does get to me. I will be just fine. I will be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:57 pm

I had a great day so far. I had a great dinner and then I wrote in my journal,before that I took a nap,cause I was tired. I am watching t.v.,and waiting for my boy-friend to get here,I am not sure what we are going to do tonight,but as long as I am with him,I am fine. I have not done any SI so far and that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am doing alright. I feel pretty good,I just hope I get a better sleep tonight. I am taking care of myself. Be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:43 am

I had a great night with my boy-friend,we went out for awhile,and then came back here to watch t.v. He just left to go home and get some sleep. I will be doing the same thing soon,cause I am getting tired. I did not do any SI tonight and that is great. I am hanging in there and taking care of myself. I just wnnted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am feeling pretty good,just have cramps due to my period,but I will be alright. I am going to enjoy my day tomorrow and do positive things for myself. I will be just fine. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:11 pm

I still had a rough night sleep,but not as bad as it was last night. I am going to enjoy my day,andy try to stay awhile from my mother,cause she is getting verbally abusive to me.and it is really starting to bother me. I love her,but this is getting to much for me right now. I did not do any SI last night,that is great. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am going to do positive things for myself today. I am hanging in there. I will be back on later :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:26 pm

I took a nap,cause I was so tired. I did not write in my journal today,but I am going to try so,if not I will write in it tomorrow,after I get home from day treatment. I am doing better,just have cramps,due to my period. My moods are more stable now,than they were yesterday,cause I was not doing so great,due to my mother's abuse,so I feel better now. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. NO SI so far,that is great. Weekends are hard for me,and so are nights. I am going to take it easy,and take care of myself. I am going to watch t.v.,and write now,cause I need to. My boy-friend will be over later on. I will be back on later. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:53 pm

I am doing alright. I had a good dinner and then I wrote in my journal,and it helped me alot. I am going to take it easy,till my boy-friend gets. I do not know what we are going to do tonight,just relax and watch t.v. I have day treatment program tomorrow,and I am looking forward to it. I am feeling alright,and getting my feelings/emotions out in my journal helped alot. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be back on later :bcatsmile: