sorry but i need to talk i think.

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Cellardoor
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

sorry but i need to talk i think.

Post by Cellardoor » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:38 pm

hello.

im feeling really...
panicy.
i havnt felt like this in a long time and i just need to talk about it,
so dont read if you cant be bothered.

im just so stressed i think.
about school.
its my last year.
ive never been stressed about school in my life.
im generaly very uncaring and blase about it but its my last year and ive decided to work at it and im finding it very pressurising.

oh lord there are squigly red lines under so many of these words.
i hate spell check.
it makes me feel very stupid.

im cutting again and doing really crap and not telling anyone.

ive tried having a fag and curling up and breathing but i just cant calm down.
i feel like im gonna be sick.
ive been so well for such a long time feeling like this is really freaking me out.
oh god.

i dont quite know what to do wth my self.

sorry.

:star:

I built my house,
Where the ocean meets the land,
It's time to live again,
And pull my dreams out of the sand.

(take the pieces and build them skywards)
(expressions)

FOUR YEARS HAPPY AND FREE!

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:18 pm

Hi, I'm afraid that I've not much that's constructive to say, but I wanted to let you know I read. Final year in school is really stressful, particularly if you have teachers and career guidance people telling you that the finals are the most important thing. But despite all the hype and media attention that surround the exams, they are not the end of the world (even if it feels that way). I did mine a few years ago, and I can really relate to what you're saying. Is there anyone you can talk to about stuff?

So sorry about the lack of advice, but I hope that things start looking up and work out well for you.

Rakshasa
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Hello

Post by Rakshasa » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:28 am

You're doing the best you can, and that's all anyone can ask of you. Remember that you can always come here if you need to talk.

Do you have someone who you feel safe talking to about this? You may not be ready to talk to them about your SI (and they might not be ready for it), but can you talk to them about the school-related stress?

If I may ask, do you have a physical outlet for the stress you're feeling, i.e., sports, martial arts, or running? It may not offer the same relief as SI, but it may help soothe some of the anxiety you're feeling.

xandy
one of us
one of us

Post by xandy » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:51 pm

Im in the same situation. I am currently in my last year of college except Im applying to graduate schools and hoping to get in some where. I feel the pressure from all that and also regret and failure. Im scared shitless that I wont get in anywhere. So I know what it feels like. Its kinda hard to give good advice for something like this because whatever I say i know I wont do. Its easier to say than actually do. But some advice i would give is to take the time to do something to get your mind off it all. Find someone who can help you with it like a friend or even a professor. Most professors are willing to help you with the after school stuff like finding a job and all that. So hopefully that helps you a little but im here if you want to talk about it since im in a similar situation. stay tough

Cellardoor
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by Cellardoor » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:46 pm

thankies
:)

I built my house,
Where the ocean meets the land,
It's time to live again,
And pull my dreams out of the sand.

(take the pieces and build them skywards)
(expressions)

FOUR YEARS HAPPY AND FREE!

amyfairy
postinating the countryside
postinating the countryside

Post by amyfairy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:04 am

hey
i had to reply because i know how you feel

i'm in my final year of uni and i'm so scared. i want to do well but i'm so scared i won't. i put way too much pressure on myself,
and it sounds like you could be doing that too.

talk to a tutor or a teacher you trust?
i'm being a hypocrite and not spoken to anyone myself but uni is too big and noone cares here but i really think it would help if you shared your worries.

you can dothis year, don't be so hard on yourself. i end up having panic attacks even though i know it's not worth getting myself worked up into that much of a state about it.

sorry not very much advice and i rambled about myself but i wanted you to know that you're not alone :grnstar:

Chaocontrol6
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Chaocontrol6 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:27 am

You don't need to say sorry, it is completely understandable how you are feeling.

I'm not on my last year of studies, but I am a few weeks into studying my AS-Levels, and I am trying to fit about 1 hour's worth of French homework in the space of about 20 minutes, it's nearly 7:30am and I am meant to be going to school today!! My French teacher will kill me, she has no idea what I've been through and I still have no intentions of letting her know. Yet French is making me feel sick, and I'm still trying to stop, yet the feelings of wanting to stop is getting worse (I am sorry if I have mentioned the fact I am unable to cope with French in quite a few posts but that is my main problem at the moment I feel I can use)

But in the end the main phrase I like to use is "Bring it on!" if you can take challenges head on with anything then you have the best chance of succeeding. That is about the best I can put this, and I hope you get where I am coming from :) The very best of luck with the studies :)
Just let time tell the story, and act accordingly. (Phrase by myself)
H.A.L.T!!! (Genius!!)
These feelings too, shall pass. (BUS phrase?)
The power lives in me!(Place)