Need advice about Books

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Need advice about Books

Post by Candy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:01 am

I have Borderline Personality Disorder and I have two workbooks here that I am confused about,besides the fact that I have Marsha Linehan's workook, I also have two that I am confused about,and if I do not know which one is the best. One is called Don't Let Your Emotions Ruin Your Life from Scott Spradlin and the other one is called The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skill Workbook,by Matthew McKay, I do not know which one is the best,which one I do not keep,I will give to a friend. If anyone can help me,please let me know. Thanks so much. Thanks for any advice that you can give me. :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:11 am

I am not familiar with either book, so I would suggest looking through each one and seeing what appeals to you more. Good luck, Candy. :)

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

hi

Post by Candy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:27 am

Thanks for the messages, I will do that with both books. Thanks :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.