School & Scars. *trig?*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

break the dayx3
settling in
settling in

School & Scars. *trig?*

Post by break the dayx3 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:33 am

Well back in march i did something stupid. I si'ed in a really noticeable spot. On my left forearm. Yeah well its 2 lines next to each other, and they're still really notciable. When I can do so when I go back to school its not a big deal?

pelagic
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by pelagic » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:22 am

I suggest wearing a long sleeved shirt with a bright shirt overtop (like a hot pink... Assuming you are a girl). Or, lots of colourful bracelets and beads. If it's too hot for that, wear a light coloured tanktop (a light blue, perhaps) with a long sleeved white button up shirt overtop, unbuttoned (say that you are sunburnt and very sensitive for a few weeks).

That was assuming you were a girl. If you are a guy, I suggest wearing wrist bands, a long sleeved shirt, an unzipped jacket, or you could even purchase cover-up/foundation (liquid make up the colour of your skin) and put it over the scar. If anybody notices it (it'll be fairly faint it you apply it on properly), just mumble "that darn cat" or something similar.

Hope you found this helpful. Next time, if you are worried about scars, try a more unrevealed place.

break the dayx3
settling in
settling in

Post by break the dayx3 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:09 am

Thanks, that def. gave me some ideas. I am girl :wink: trust me, I learned my lesson =/

pelagic
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by pelagic » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:32 am

I'm glad it helped. I dress the way I want, so nobody thinks twice if I'm wearing something out of the ordinary. It's a good reputation to hide scars. If you wear stuff like this, long gloves with the fingers cut off work as well.

break the dayx3
settling in
settling in

Post by break the dayx3 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:39 am

I never thought about that, yeah I do. I have a couple I think.....hmm gotta go find those lol

pelagic
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by pelagic » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:05 am

If you don't have any long gloves, in a quick fix you could cut black tights in a forearm length, then cut a hole for your thumb. If you get any creative ideas, or need some clothing/hiding scar advice, just PM me :)

break the dayx3
settling in
settling in

Post by break the dayx3 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:21 pm

Mkay thanks! Very useful considering money is really low right now :-? so anything that I can make from something else is great. You should consider having your own cover up thread! Great ideas.

pelagic
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by pelagic » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:15 pm

My own cover-up thread, eh? Humm...

Yes, I know what you mean... Money is really tight right now, especially with back to school. I usually create my own bracelets/wrist bands with scraps of material or colourful hair elastics. My friend rips her jeans; I take the long rectangular scraps, draw red X's with a Sharpie, or some design on them, then use a safety pin to keep it around my wrist. Thrift stores usually have cheap clothes you can rip up into arm bands or whatnot.