peer pressure. its not pressure tho. please read!

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

LiveYourLife
creating your space
creating your space

peer pressure. its not pressure tho. please read!

Post by LiveYourLife » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:57 pm

hey so u kno how in highskewl u go through peer pressure with drugs and beer and stuff? so.. my 2 friends and i are down the sore at my friends nanna's house and theyre 16 goin to be juniors ya kno im 14 gonna be a soph. and.. ive been having not such a good time bc my friend (lets clal her dj) is being wierd and ignoring me. i tried to tell her but i dnt want her rustrated, its dj-and-kally-weekend-down the shore not me. im excluded. well i leanred not to care tho, so today we were walking for lunch somehwere and kally smokes sometimes. and so does liz a little. i dnt!... and they offeredme a cig but NO PRERSSURE not like "yo take this or im gonna beat u up" not that...l they dnt care. i didn't have to. and guess wut? i didnt. they shared but i felt like suhc a fuckin loser cuz i didn't try one puff. i kno its bad but dj said yea shes just scared of the cancers. i wanted to try it i did i almost took it but i decided not to. my heart was like no dnt hurt me please ur better then this my brians like maybe try it. i didn't kno wut to so. tears were rolling down my face bc i did't try and im a loser and i shoudve to see how it felt. idk how to inhale those anways..
there's a point in your life when you know who stays forever, and who's just around for a little while. people change. but so do you, sometimes for the best and sometimes for the worse. bad things happen, to everyone. you're not in it alone. people lie, and some people just don't care how you feel. your heart beats, no matter how much pain you're in. everything will be okay eventually. there are always people in your life that just make your day, no matter the miles. you don't forget about the ones you love. it doesn't work like that. give it all you got, and live your life to the fullest. people would kill to be you, have what you have. someone always has it worse off then you, but that doesn't mean your pain doesn't count. just live your life.

last SI - june 3rd

-live life <u>your</u> way, not someone elses way
-speak your mind, even if your voice <i>shakes</i>

LiveYourLife
creating your space
creating your space

Post by LiveYourLife » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:07 pm

i just wanna kno if ppl read this and care..i need hugs to did i do the right thing? i feel like a losr cuz i didn't i hate being a "good girl" i dnt fit in and im too young
there's a point in your life when you know who stays forever, and who's just around for a little while. people change. but so do you, sometimes for the best and sometimes for the worse. bad things happen, to everyone. you're not in it alone. people lie, and some people just don't care how you feel. your heart beats, no matter how much pain you're in. everything will be okay eventually. there are always people in your life that just make your day, no matter the miles. you don't forget about the ones you love. it doesn't work like that. give it all you got, and live your life to the fullest. people would kill to be you, have what you have. someone always has it worse off then you, but that doesn't mean your pain doesn't count. just live your life.

last SI - june 3rd

rainy day
busaholic
busaholic

Post by rainy day » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:32 pm

((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))

You did do the right thing by saying no. a very smart decision
You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same.

vampire_kisses
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by vampire_kisses » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:48 pm

You most def. did the right thing,
I'm 15 and I def. have the Good girl label, and I hate it
especially when my friends are planning a crazy night, and the invite me, and someone else chimes in "Don't bother, she's a good-girl"
its very annoying, but you did the right thing,
you were really strong.
I would suggest that next time instead of letting that upset you,
you should just simply say something along the lines of
"Nah, man I don't fuck with that shit"
Excuse my language,
but that way you don't sound stupid.
or if you don't really talk like that, say
"Nah I'm good, I don't smoke"
You def did the right thing
Congrats hunni!

LiveYourLife
creating your space
creating your space

yay

Post by LiveYourLife » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:34 am

yay u kno im reely proud ofmyself to hehe=]

last SI - june 3rd

the edge of the world
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by the edge of the world » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:59 am

:1hug:

I know not many people are going to agree with me but...

1) I think it's great you stuck to your values. You're a strong person! :)
2) If you *really* wanted to try it, you aren't going to get addicted with one puff.

I'm not telling you to try it, but it sounded like it really upset you that you didn't. I have a "good girl" label, I rarely try anything, but I have taken a puff of a friend's a cig once. Just... a novelty experience. Nothing I've ever wanted to repeat -- I think it's an awful habit to get into. Just... I wanted to try. To be honest, I think "peer pressure" can be over-dramatized.

I just wanted to add that, because I always felt guilty and like I was a bad person and not sticking to my values when I did stuff like that, when in reality there was no harm done. I don't want you to think you're "bad" because you want one puff of a cig.

Anyways, best of luck with everything! It sounds like you know what you're doing :)

Brit
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by Brit » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:33 am

Hey i read, and hope you are feeling less like a "loser" becasue you aren't one. It was a smart decision on your part. I mean its a hard habit to stop once you are addicted plus it is expensive.

I hope you stay strong on other decisions that you will encounter as you grow up. Cuz you know there will be many more.

Stay Smart! :star: Hugs :star:

Cellardoor
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by Cellardoor » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:03 pm

Heya,
im glad you said no :)
you shouldnt be so hard on yourself, youre the one piling on the peer pressure!
school is hard enough already without you making it worse :1hug:
but if it really would up your confedence to try one fag, then yeah, one drag really isnt going to kill you...
but be careful adopting that attitude, because one drag may be ok, but if you start to think you know, one joint...one pill... one hit, wont kill me, thats when things can go wrong...
hope your ok :)
:star: el xxx

I built my house,
Where the ocean meets the land,
It's time to live again,
And pull my dreams out of the sand.

(take the pieces and build them skywards)
(expressions)

FOUR YEARS HAPPY AND FREE!

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:59 pm

even if you smoke, you're not a loser.

it's good that you stuck to your values.
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave: