how do you cope with change?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

morning-glory
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

how do you cope with change?

Post by morning-glory » Tue May 15, 2007 1:43 am

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have any tricks or things you do that help you not to stess out to much when you have to deal with lots of changes all at once.

The reason I ask is because right now I'm moving back home for the summer from college and I feel like a complete emotional wreck right now and I just don't know what to do to make things better. I've tried to think of things I like about summer ( summer and spring are my least favorite monthes of the year) but I still feel really down and depressed about all the changes and the fact that its summer.

Summer has always included all the things I'm afraid of like job interviewing, boring and unsatisfying work, stress about finances, misqutoes, lonliness and complete disorganization and I'm just dreading it. How on earth do I make this bearable? Any ideas or suggestions are welcome please. :star:

Smeagol
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Smeagol » Tue May 15, 2007 1:54 am

Hi

I try to set up routines. Always eating at a certain time (or even always eatin gthe same thing for a certain meal :roll:) or doing things in a certain order. Keep some things the same no matter how changeable things are.

I try to plan plan plan plan. Obsessively. all contingencies. Nice things for after the stress. What I'll do if it goes badly. What I'll do if it goes well.

Good luck with the changes. I'm also facing a lot of change and I'md rading it. :(
Act in such a way as to make yourself feel capable and effective

The change starts now.

If in doubt, don't

morning-glory
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by morning-glory » Tue May 15, 2007 2:01 am

Thanks for replying Smeagol. :dkpurpstar: I've been trying to set up some sort of schedule for myself this summer so we will see how it goes. I'm still not so sure what I'm going to do for myself for fun though. I'm trying to think of cheap ways to have fun because as a college student I'm not very rich unfortunently.

Anyway just wanted to thank you for replying. Its comforting to know I'm not the only person on the planet who feels a bit stressed about change ( not that I ever thought I was ). Good luck with all your changes. :star: I hope things go smoothly for you.

Smeagol
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by Smeagol » Tue May 15, 2007 2:26 am

You are definitely not the only person. I cannot cope with change. I just can't. It unsettles me so much.

Hmm, cheap ways to have fun. Hard one. Probably worth a thread in its own right!
Act in such a way as to make yourself feel capable and effective

The change starts now.

If in doubt, don't

riseagainst
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by riseagainst » Thu May 17, 2007 4:31 am

i have alot of trouble wiht this too
i eat alot and smoke alot haha
and find things to focus on and distract you
~bewteen each smile theres a tear in your eye~

hugs are always ok