Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun May 13, 2007 9:39 pm

I had a great day so far. I went to see my mother and that went great. I slept alot,but I am getting things done today. I am doing my nails and I am putting on a pretty nail polish. I already had dinner and did the dishes. I am relaxing and watching t.v,while I wait till my boy-friend gets here. I did not write in my journal yet,but hopefully I will later on. Thanks alot,it is very hard to fight the urges of SI and it has not been easy for me,thanks for the message that you sent me. I have program tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it,due to my period,cause I am soo tired out,sorry about putting that here. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon May 14, 2007 3:27 am

I had a great night so far,even though I did not get a chance to write in my journal,I got through the night without doing any SI,and I feel good about that.My boy-friend and I are watching t.v.,and taking it easy. When he leaves I will be going to bed,cause I am getting tired and I need my sleep. I had a great day and I enjoy myself. Even though the thoughts of SI are there,I keep fighting them off and it is not easy for me.I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing alright. I have program tomorrow,so I will not be on the bus till the evening time. I am going to go and watch t.v.,till I go to bed. I am taking care of myself and I will be back on tomorrow,promise :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon May 14, 2007 4:16 am

My boy-friend just left and I will be going to bed real soon. I already took my medication for the night. I feel somewhat anxious and that is why I came on the bus,it helps me alot. I am going to have something to drink and then get some sleep,it is not easy for me at night,that is when I feel like slipping with SI alot of times.I will be alright and I will take care of myself tonight,that is a promise. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am alright and I will stay that way. I will be back on the bus tomorrow evening,promise. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Mon May 14, 2007 11:41 am

H Candy, I like your new avatar. I hope program goes ok for you, it's hard when your period leaves you feeling tired all the time. I'm glad your visit with your mother went ok too. I know that the evening time can be difficult, but you're doing great fighting off the urges. Take care!

SplinteredGirl
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by SplinteredGirl » Mon May 14, 2007 11:35 pm

one thing i do is i print out a kids coloring page i like.. and i trace it.. b4 id get a detailed one and color it.. but this way you can color it when your done.. and you feel like youve acomplished something.. or at least i do

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue May 15, 2007 5:12 am

I know that I have not been on the bus today. I had a great day at program and that went great for me. The rest of the night I had a rough time. The hospital called me and they want me to come in for a utlrasound on my right breast,I cried all day and I am soo scared and afraid. My boy-friend helped me alot and so did my friends. I feel soo terrible inside and alone right now. I am soo afraid of what it could be,like cancer,and I am not trying to worry,but it is not easy for me. The hospital told me that the ex-ray was not cleared to them,it was blurrying,if I spell that right. I feel so alone and I needed to let everyone know what is going on with me.Thanks for the messages that you posted here,it helped me alot.So far I have not done any SI,and it is not easy for me,it is going to be hard on me tonight. I have to be at the hospital at 9:30 in the morning. I am going to try to sleep,but it is not going to be easy for me. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will take it easy tonight and if I feel like doing any SI tonight,I will call someone or get back on the bus. I will be on the bus tomorrow sometime,to let you know what happens,promise.taking care of myself right now. Just want to :cry: be back on soon.

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Tue May 15, 2007 8:00 am

Hey Candy, I know you must be really worried about the hospital appointment, but maybe it was just because the x ray was blurry and not because of anything else. But it sounds like you have good support from the people around you and I hope that the appointment goes well for you today. Take gentle care of yourself
:1hugs:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue May 15, 2007 4:17 pm

I just got home from the hosptial and I have to repeat the utlrasound in 6 months,cause what ever it was has been there since my first mammagram,and I just turned 42 this year,and then I have to repeat the utralsound with the mammagram the next time it is due. I was soo scared and had a hard time sleeping last night. I feel better,but I am feeling anxious right now.I have to clean my apartment,til my nurse shows up,and then I am going to write in my journal,I had a rough night and it was hard this morning as well. Thanks for the messages you sent me,all of you on the bus has been very supportive and I am glad to be here. I did not do any SI,and it was very hard for me not to,it is very hard for me to feel positive things inside,cause I always feel negative things,if anyone has any suggestions how to work on this,please let me know,very confused about that. I have to get going and get some cleaning done,just wanted to let everyone know how I made out. I will be back on the bus later on,promise. just hanging in there. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed May 16, 2007 3:24 am

I am doing good so far. My boy-friend and I are watching t.v.,and after he leaves I will be going to bed,real tired out. I did not do any SI today and it was very hard for me to get through the night without doing it,but I am doing a great job so far. I wrote in my journal tonight and I had alot to write about,and it helped me alot. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I feel depressed tonight and I do not know why;plus very tired as well. I have program tomorrow and I am looking forward to going in,to get out of the apartment. I will take care of myself as well. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.I am taking it one day at a time. Just had a rough night last night,and worn out about it all. I will be going to bed real soon,tired. I will be back on the bus tomorrow evening,when I get home from program. I will be alright,that is a promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu May 17, 2007 2:58 am

I know that I have not been on for awhile,but I had trouble getting on the computer. I had a great day at program and it went great. I could not walk today,cause it was raining outside. I did Slip today with cutting ,cause I have been feeling anxious about the results of the utralsound that was done on me. I know that I should of used my coping skills,but the urges got to me,the most,and I do feel bad about it and feel guilty for it,and I am not happy with myself.Besides that I am hanging in there,the slip happen before my boy-friend got here,so we are talking about what happen,and he is helping me and I will talk to my therapist about it tomorrow. I just feel bad inside. I am watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and we are talking. I am taking care of myself tonight. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing.Doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus before I go to bed,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu May 17, 2007 5:13 am

I had a great talk with my boy-friend about why I slip with SI,and he helped me alot. He left a few minutes ago,and I just got done coloring a picture of flowers,cause I was starting to feel anxious,and I did not want to do any SI anymore,nervous about the results of the utrasound that was done on my right breast. I have not heard anything yet. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I am going to take my medication for the night,and go to bed. I need to get some sleep. I still feel quilty for what I did today and I am not happy with myself,but I will be good to myself. I have program tomorrow,and I am looking forward to going in,and getting out of here. I will be on the bus tomorrow evening,promise. I will be alright. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Thu May 17, 2007 7:44 am

Hi Candy, sorry things are tough for you right now, with the anxiety and all. It's great that you can talk to your boyfriend and therapist about it though. I hope going to program helps, and you got a good nights sleep too. Take care :pinkstar:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu May 17, 2007 1:22 pm

Thanks for the nice messages. I had a rough night sleeping with the panic attack and all,but I finally got some sleep. I feel stupid inside,cause I can not remember what the lady told me about the results of the utrasound done on my right breast,and of course the hospital will not tell me on the phone,all I know is that they want to repeat it in six months. My doctor has not gotten the report. I just am not happy with myself for not remembering. I know that I should not feel this way,but I do. I feel so alone and scared inside,right now,and that is what triggered the anxiety,which caused the SI. I need a friend right now,and anyone can PM me,if you want to. I have to get going to program,but I will be back on the bus later on,when I get home,promise :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Thu May 17, 2007 7:05 pm

Hey Candy, panic attacks aren't fun, but I'm glad to hear you got some sleep anyhow. How about getting a notebook, or a little diary that fits into your handbag or purse, so that you can write down the appointments? Don't feel stupid, because everybody forgets things. I often forget what doctors say to me, and I'm sure other people do too. About the anxiety, just try to keep talking about it, whether it's in person, or by posting on bus, because if it's all stuck in your head then it's harder to deal with. Once it's out there, it tends not to seem as scary. I hope you have a good time at program by the way.

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Thu May 17, 2007 7:40 pm

Hi candy.

Don't worry about forgetting everybody forgets things! I often forget things as soon as am told and find myself blank home home when my mum asks me for important information. You're not stupid, maybe just forgetful. I'm sure there is some way to get the results, maybe you could just ring them up and mention that you have forgotten and they could tell you a way to get the information again. It can be hard with panic attacks (I get them too) it helps to try and think about something else when the feelings start maybe go for a walk or just try to keep changing the subject in your mind when you think of it.

sending you hope and warm thoughts! :star:
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu May 17, 2007 11:50 pm

I just got woke up from a nap,cause I was soo tired out. I did not get a chance to go for a walk,and I should of. Thanks for the nice messages that you sent me,it made me feel better,thanks again. I am going to watch t.v.,till my boy-friend gets here and see what he wants to do. I just feel the need to get out of the apartment this evening. I am trying to get my mind off of everything so nothing bothers me,cause sitting here does not do me any good. I had a great talk with my therapist and she helped me alot. I am going to take it easy and relax,cause that is what I need to do right now. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I will be alright. thanks again. I will be back on the bus later on,not sure what time,but I will be back on,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri May 18, 2007 4:42 am

I am doing alright so far. My boy-friend just left and I have been keeping myself busy by coloring and pretty soon I will be going to bed. I already took my medication for the night and I am getting tired. I did not write in my journal tonight,but I will try harder tomorrow to write in it. My case-manager is coming over tomorrow and I am going out to eat with a friend. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I did not do any SI today,so I feel good about that. I am getting tired and I need some sleep. I will be back on the bus tomorrow,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat May 19, 2007 2:10 am

I had a busy day today,my case-manager came over and we had a great talk,then I went out for lunch with my friend and I had a great time. Then I came home and took a nap,till my boy-friend came over and we went to target to do some shoppping,and now we are relaxing till we go visit some friends. I had a great day,and I did not do any SI,cause last night I kept myself busy coloring so that helped me alot,and I promise myself that I will write in my journal tomorrow. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will not know my results on my right breast till Monday and I am trying very hard not to think about,and I am keeping myself busy. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I am going to relax and take it easy till we go. I will be alright. Be back later on :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Sat May 19, 2007 6:42 am

Hi Candy, it's good that you're trying to keep your mind off things, and monday isn't so far away. Hopefully the results will be positive, and your mind can be put at ease. I'm glad you had a good talk with your case manager, and a good time with your friend, that's great. Take care

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

c

Post by Candy » Sat May 19, 2007 9:27 pm

I am doing alright so far, I already had dinner and did dishes. I just waiting for my boy-friend to show up. I have not written in my journal lately,cause it is hard for me to get my mind off the results and wonder what they are,since I totally forgot what she said to me. I am watching t.v.,and taking it easy. I have not done any SI so far and it has not been easy for me,but I am trying very hard. I do not know what we are doing tonight,but I will find out when he gets here. I just wanted to let everyone know how I am doing. I hope the sonagram of the right breast is nothing to really worry about,but my mother told me that if they want me to come back in six months to repeat it,it can not be that serious. I am going to hang in there and do the best I can.I am going to go and watch t.v.,for awhile. Enjoying the nice day out. Be back on the bus later on,promise :bcatsmile: