therapist quitting

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

mywildrainbow
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

therapist quitting

Post by mywildrainbow » Sat May 05, 2007 1:22 am

So, I'm on my 3rd therapist in 2 years (because the others have all decided to resign). At the end of the session Thursday, she leans in and says, "I have something to tell you and I don't know how to say it". I had strong suspicions of what was coming at that point and so I just looked at her and said, "Just fucking say it". So then she says, "A new opportunity opened itself up to me and I've decided to take it. I'll be leaving at the end of this month". :evil: I feel angry and pissed off now. I felt nothing at the time, but now I do. I mean I even asked her at our second appointment if she was going to quit on me and she said. "no, i'm not a quitter". So now I'm really pissed off and angry and upset. And nothing has really helped. :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x
"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" -Anais Nin

"Loneliness. It's a thing, you know, not a feeling. A big, ugly thing that moves in and takes over until you forget how to live with it, but you can't live without it either" -M.B. Miller

*mwr's deliberately random poetry* http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=97247

where the wild things are http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=113478

volta
being the change
being the change

Post by volta » Sat May 05, 2007 4:50 am

i don't have anything to help, other than i'm sorry you have to go through this and i read.

PM or email if you want to talk. i'm here.

:star:
britt

Dan
one of us
one of us

Post by Dan » Sat May 05, 2007 2:13 pm

Hey,

Don't really have anything helpful to say, just wanted to let you know that I have read.

My counsellor did the same thing to me on Wednesday, second one in 15 months, after going through my fears about her rejecting me and her assuring me that she was in for the long-haul.

I'd like to offer you a *hug* if that's OK.

Hope things work out.

Dan
SI Free Since May 2007 (with one slip)

NobodyToYou
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by NobodyToYou » Mon May 07, 2007 8:46 am

That stinks.
I am sure it doesn't help a lot, but I hope she made it clear that it wasn't rejection of you...
I know T's have lives and careers and such they have to work on, but I wish the world were a little closer to ideal, where a T would change jobs every...10 years or so. Having to change so often is really hard.

:star:

collide
part of the fixtures
part of the fixtures

Post by collide » Tue May 08, 2007 6:28 pm

don't know exactly what to say except that it must be very hard going thru this...i've had therapists dump me for no reasons, they didn't resign or take on a new job...but regardless i think the feelings are the same...it sucks when u get to trust someone and then all of a sudden they are gone...so i feel for u...here for u too

collide

"life is but a box of chocolates, u never know what you will get"

"i'm not crazy i'm just a little unwell- MATCHBOX 20"