Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:14 am

I am just having a real hard time getting myself to go to bed,my nerves and stress is getting to me. I already took my medicaton,it just takes time for them to start to work and to feel tired. I feel alot better to be posting here and venting how I am feeling,then do SI,so that is a positive thing. I am watching Lifetime and keeping my mind focus on what is positive then think about what bad feelings that I am feeling. I hope everyone has a great night and I will be alright. I will keep myself safe. I will be back on the bus tomorrow. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:41 pm

I have been cleaning my apartment and I am almost done. I am feeling worn out and mentally,emotionally drain,I am not sure what is causing it,whether it is my boy-friend who has been in the hospital so much,or I am stressed out,please do not get me wrong I love him alot,but it is like I am taking care of him more than myself sometimes. I am going to enjoy the rest of the day and do what is best for me.I am soo tired out. I have not done any SI lately,and it has been hard for me,it has not been easy either. I have more stuff to get done around here,but I will be back on later on.taking it easy :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:59 pm

I had a busy day today. I went to program and had a great time,the groups helped me alot. I came home and took a nap,I was so tired out. My boy-friend is out of the hospital,and I hope he stays well,so he does not go back in. I am watching t.v.,and relaxing, I feel bad that I have not written in my journal lately,but I just have not been feeling like it. I have not done any SI and it has been hard for me,but I am proud of myself for it. Besides that I am doing alright.I learned about stress and how it affects people physically,and I have learned alot.I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:53 am

I am doing alright,just feeling kind of anxious right now,but I will be alright. My boy-friend just left,he got out of the hospital today,and he did not stay long,cause he needs his rest,which I do understand. I am sitting here watching t.v.,and I wrote in my journal,which was not easy for me,cause I wrote about how I was feeling and it was sooo hard for me,but I did it. I feel better afterwards,which was causing my anxiety,by writing what was bothering me. I am going to watch t.v., for awhile,take my medication and go to bed. I have program tomorrow and I know that I need to go,just do not feel like it,but I am going to push myself.I will be going to bed real soon,and I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow,more likely in the eveing. I have not done any SI today and that is a positive thing.GOOD JOB!!!!!! I hope everyone has a great night and I will do the same. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:55 am

I had a good day today. I went to program and when I came home,I went for a walk and then I took a nap. I am sitting here with my boy-friend watching t.v. Part of the day it was getting rough,cause I started to feel numb and I was trying to stay focus,cause I thought I was going to dissocation,if I spell that right.I hate it when I start feeling like that it was scary feeling for me. I am trying to find a borderline personality disorder support group online,if anyone knows any good ones,please post the e-mail address here.Thanks. I am feeling somewhat better than I did earlier. It was not easy for me to do any SI,but so far I did it,it was scary for me. I am going to watch t.v.,with my boy-friend and I will be back on later,promise. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:46 am

I am doing alright. My boy-friend just left and I am getting ready for bed. I am starting to get another cold,the weather changes soo much and stress does not help me,meaning worrying about my boy-friend's health. I did not do any SI today and boy it was hard,but I got through it without slipping. I have the day off tomorrow so I am going to sleep in,which I need it.My case-manager is coming over tomorrow and there are things that I need to talk about. I am going to watch t.v.,for awhile and then go to bed and get some rest.I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow,promise. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:56 am

Hi Candy, just thought I'd say hi. I hope things are going ok for you. Sorry to hear about your cold, and your boyfriends health, I hope they get better for you soon. Good for you, for not SI-ing, it can be hard. Hope you got a good nights sleep too.
Take care!

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:59 pm

I had a great night sleep,the colds do get to me even with the weather changing so much. I am going to take it easy to day and get some rest. My case-manager is coming over sometime this morning and after that I am going to enjy the rest of the day,it is suppose to be nice here. I did not do any SI last night,and that is hard.I am going to get some coffee and try to get motivated. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:11 pm

I am doing alright,mainly just sleeping all day,cause of the cold. I have not written in my journal yet,and hopefully I will get to it tonight,depends on how I feel. I am going out to dinner with my boy-friend to get out of the apartment for awhile,it is 63 degrees here,and I got a cold,mainly due to the weather. I have not done any SI and it is not been easy for me. I am going to take it easy and take care of myself. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. Nights are hard for me. I am going to watch t.v.,and take it easy. I will be back on the bus later on,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:59 am

I am sitting here watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and taking it easy. I really did not get anything done today,cause of the cold that I have.I made another day without doing any SI,and it has not been easy for me either,the urges can get real strong.I have to do laundry in the morning,so I have to get up early. I am hanging in there and doing alright. I did not get anything done that I wanted to,but I have not been feeling well at all and I needed time to take care of myself. I will be going to bed after my boy-friend leaves,so I will not be back on the bus till tomorrow sometime,cause I need to get my rest and get over this cold. I hope everyone has a great night and I will do the same.taking care of myself. Be back on tomorrow :bcatsmile:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:04 am

didn't read all that i've not caught up with... brain's not quite here atm....
just peeking in to say hi though :wavey:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:14 pm

I did my laundry today and that is all I did,this cold has reallly gotten me down,feel bad cause I wanted to do things and I am not feeling up to it. I am watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and I have been sleeping most of the day.What makes me mad it is really nice outside and I am sitting here with a cold. That is life. I am feeling down right now,but I will get back into things soon,just taking care of myself.I hate not done any SI today and that is a positive thing. I hope everyone is doing pretty good. I am going to go and watch t.v.,with my boy-friend. I will be back later on,promise :wavey: that is to everyone. :bfly:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:00 pm

Aww, sorry about the cold. Just look after yourself and you should get better soon. Not SI-ing is a positive thing, you're right, so you should feel good about that.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:09 pm

I am hanging in there,mainly taking it easy. I am starting to feel a little bit better,but not a whole alot better,this cold is getting to me.I am watching t.v.,and taking it easy. My boy-friend will be over later on. I have program tomorrow and hopefully I will be feeling somewhat better to go,I have been sick since Thursday night.I have a chest cold and my chest hurts from the coughing. I am doing alright,just feel bad that I did not get anything done this weekend. I am going to go and watch t.v.,and take it easy,I will be back on the bus later,promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:55 am

I am sitting here watching t.v.,my boy-friend just left,he went to the ER again,his legs are bothering him,he does have a regular doctor. I am trying to feel better,this cold is getting to me.I did not do any SI today and I feel good about that,did not write in my journal or anything else,cause the cold has kept me down,and not feeling well at all. I will be going to bed real soon,not sure if I am going to program tomorrow or not,depends on how I feel in the morning.I just want to feel better. I hope everyone has a great night,and I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. I am staying safe :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:11 am

I know that I have not been on all day. I did not go to program today,cause I was not feeling well with this cold. I slept most of the day and the only thing that I did was wash the floors,my boy-friend is back in the hospital for the 5th time,I did not go to see him cause of the cold that I have. I have not done any SI today and I am proud of myself. I feel alot better since I got the cold on Friday. I have not written in my jounral,cause I have not been up to it. I am going to watch t.v., till I go to bed. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can do.taking care of my self. Be back soon :star:

oncexinxaxlifetime
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by oncexinxaxlifetime » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:11 pm

Curl up with a blanket while your watchign tv, and write in your journal whilst your warm.
Sometimes noise makes you feel better :)

Hope your cold gets better soon

-Flo
Sometimes your empty, even though your dreams are all fulfilled - Gino Vanelli.
<P>
Eventually it all becomes a part of you, the pain, the loneliness, but you've got to decide what's the most important. - Brian Molko.
<P>
It's only perverse because it's unexpected. - Vivian Westwood.
<a href="http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=111367">I hear them getting closer</a>

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:24 am

I have kept myself busy today. I cleaned my apartment,and my case-manager came over and then my nurse came over. I went for a walk and then treated myself out for dinner at Wendy's. The rest of the day I have been taking it easy,still have not been up to writing in my journal,I do feel bad about that,but the cold is getting on my nerves and I do not feel like doing much of anything when I do not feel well. I do talked to my boy-friend and he is still in the hosptial,have not gone to see him,due to my cold.I had this cold since last friday,not sore thoart,or fever,just a bad cold,and a cough,but I am taking care of myself.I have not done any SI today and it has not been easy,but getting through it. I am going to go and watch t.v.,and take it easy.anyone wants to pm me,you are weclome to.just hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later,pormise :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:53 am

I am just watching t.v.,and I will be going to bed real soon. I feel soo bad that I have not been writing in my journal and I do feel quilty for not doing so,this cold has not been helping me to get motivatied to do anything. I plan on going to program tomorrow,cause sitting around here does not help,and it is starting to get to me,then I have to see my foot doctor at 3:30pm. I already talked to my boy-friend and he is doing alright,I feel bad that I have not been up to see him,but I need to take care of myself right now.I am hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow,mainly in the evening. taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:11 am

Hope that program goes well for you, it will probably do you good to get out for a while. I hope that your boyfriend is doing ok too. Take care of yourself! :lpurpstar: