worried

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

vampirelover
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

worried

Post by vampirelover » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:44 pm

Im really worried that i will go back to SI when i go back to school (wednesday) as most of my problems that trigger self harm are to do with school. Luckly i only have a year left at my school but i dont know if i cope that long. I tend to avoid my worries but if I just shut up at school than the people that know i use to cut will worry that im cutting again.
longest with no slips - 2 years , 6 months
time since last slip : 2 days

heliotropes
sprouting branches
sprouting branches

Post by heliotropes » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:50 pm

Maybe talking to the people who know about your past SI would actually be useful? I'm sure they will be reassured to know that you're not cutting at the moment, and maybe if there are people you can talk to when things get tough you will be less likely to recourse to SI in the future.

a shadow in the wind
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by a shadow in the wind » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:29 pm

i no wt u mean all of my problems seem 2 come from school 2

wt i do is if i feel like siing when i get hom, is 2 hold a pice of ice realy tightly in my hand untill it melts and that calms me down. try finding something that gets in the way of urges. or even better try and avoid or nutralise ur main triggers.

i also find waking my pilow with a stik helps alot

but basicly just try and keep ur mind of school when u get home
4 words can explain my life 'i am in love'

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:17 am

Make sure you give yourself breaks from time to time, and not overload yourself.

Do you have a counsellor or someone you can talk to about school feeling so overwhelming?

It doesn't have to be such an awful year for you.

:bluestar:
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

vampirelover
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by vampirelover » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:15 pm

heliotropes wrote:Maybe talking to the people who know about your past SI would actually be useful? I'm sure they will be reassured to know that you're not cutting at the moment, and maybe if there are people you can talk to when things get tough you will be less likely to recourse to SI in the future.
I have big problems with trust so i dont think talking to people at school would help me
longest with no slips - 2 years , 6 months
time since last slip : 2 days