Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:25 pm

written in your journal yet?

have you tried planning a couple pleasant things for right before bedtime? read a favorite book or watch a favorite show or something?

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:12 pm

I have not written in my journal yet,cause I am going out with a friend to dinner around 5pm and my boy-friend is here still I get back. I was working on my scapebook,but I ran out of glue,I do not know what I will do that is pleasant today,I probably will write in my journal tonight before I go to bed,I will not forget. I am watching t.v with my boy-friend till I leave,besides that I am doing ok. Just thinking about moving which I mention before,not sure when it will happen,cause they are remodeling all the apartments,but I will stay on the bus,that is a promise,just can not remember the address to get back on here. I am doing pretty good,and I am just relaxing,I will be back on the bus when later,got to get ready for my friend. I am taking it one day at a time. Thanks for reminding me about the journal,I did not forget. taking care of myself. :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:45 am

here is the address to bus:

http://buslist.org/phpBB

i hope that you are doing okay.

by the way do you have yahoo messenger? i have a new yahoo ID if you want you can pm me your Yahoo ID so we can chat sometime/

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:06 am

I am doing pretty good,my boy-friend and I just got back from going shopping,we are sitting here watching t.v. and I have not written in my journal yet. Yes,I do have a yahoo instant messagers,and I will give it to you in PM, mail ok.I am doing alright and I have not done any SI in a week,which is pretty good,and even though I am get nervous when the urges are there,I hang in there and do the best I can. I am going to go watch t.v for awhile and I will be back on the bus later. I hope you are doing good. taking it easy and relaxing. :1_week_si_free:
be back later on. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:39 am

I am doing pretty good,just sitting here watching t.v.,my boy-friend just left and he went home to get some sleep. I am going to watch t.v for awhile and then I will be going to bed. I did not write in my journal,but I will get to it tomorrow,just not feeling up to it tonight,just tired out. I am feeling pretty good,somewhat anxious,but not that much. I am going to watch t.v. for awhile and I will be back on before I go to bed. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:00 am

I am still watching t.v. and I will be helding to bed real soon,after I pick up the apartment. I kept myself busy today,and I had a great time,even though I did not get everything done that I wanted to,there is always tomorrow. I did not nails,when out to lunch with a friend and I had a grea time with my boy-friend. I did the best positive thing for myself I did not do any SI for a week and I am proud of myself for that,it was not easy,but I did it!!!!!!!!!! :star: :star: :star: I am doing alot better and I am feeling better,just tired that is all. I do not feel anxious tonight and that is great as well. I will be going to bed real soon and I going to get a real good night sleep,cause I deserve it. I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime. Hanging in there :bcatsmile:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:15 am

glad you had a good day today :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:53 am

Thanks I did have a great day. I hope you had a great day as well. I took my medication for the night and I am heading to bed. I will be back on the bus tomorrow. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:31 pm

I just woke up from a long nap,did not do anything that was pleasant so far,cause I was not feeling well. I feel bad that I did not do anything,but I did not do any SI either and that was a positive thing that I am proud of. My boy-friend will be over around 6pm and that will give me a chance to wake up and then write in my journal.I am watching t.v. right now and then I am going to write in my journal. I am had a great day so far,it is raining outside,I hate rain.I did not sleep that great last night,and that is why I am still tired.I am sorry that I did not write here sooner,I did not feel so great. I am going to keep myself busy the rest of the day and enjoy myself as well. I will be back on the bus later on. going to watch t.v.and then write in my journal.going to have a fun day,that is a promise.taking care of myself. :bcatsmile:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:28 pm

i like rain :grain:
i don't always like to be out in it & get wet & soggy....
it sounds nice though & often looks pretty & calm

what did you watch on tv?

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:45 pm

I was watching a movie on lifetime moive channel,can not remember the name of it,sorry. I wrote in my journal and that helped me alot. My boy-friend will be here in 15 minutes and we will sit back and take it easy. After he leaves then I will work on my scapebook or color pictures that someone gave me at program,they are pictures of different flowers or designs, not sure which one I will do. I already took my medication for the evening.What I do not get done today,I will get done tomorrow,just relaxing and taking it easy. I like rain,but would rather have the sunshine out.I am doing pretty good,do not feel anxious,just tired that is all. I am going to go and relax,but I will be back on the bus later,that is a promise
:bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:44 pm

I am sitting here relaxing and I am watching t.v.,besides that I am doing ok. I do not feel anxious I have not done any form of SI lately and I feel proud of myself. It is soo raining and dark from the clouds. The positve things that I have done so far is
wrote in my journal :heart:
took a nap :blueheart:
watch t.v :bluestar:
did not do any SI :heart:
brought myself a new spring purse :lpurpstar:
I did pretty good so far and I need to do that for myself everyday,to help me do pleasant for myself and to remember what I did,that will help me to increase my positve activites for myself. I will be back on the bus later on,I promise that :bfly:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:47 am

I am sitting here watching t.v. and my boy-friend just left,he is doing pretty good and he is taking it easy. I am doing pretty good and I will be going to bed real soon,getting tired and need to take it easy.I am been doing good,I made it another night without doing any SI,and it has not been easy for me,even when I feel anxious,hope I spell that. I can not think of anything that is bothering me that is making me feel this way,the only thing is that I have not took my night medications yet,and it is getting late,which is probably making me feel this way, I promise myself that I when I get off,I will take my medication and watch t.v. for awhile till I go to bed.I am going to have a great night and get a good night sleep,if the urges get to strong for me to handle I will be back on,if not that means I went to bed. I will be alright. I am taking it one day at a time and I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. have a great night. I am taking care of myself :star: :star:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:02 am

life often is not always easy :)
glad you're taking care of yourself :)
maybe i asked this before... do you have any pets? hobbies?

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:29 am

I have not gone to bed yet,no I do not have any pets at all,I use to,but not anymore,I can not afford a pet where I live,I wish I could,just do not have the money at this point. I already took my medication for the night and I am still feeling anxious,thoughts of SI going through my mind and I am trying very hard to fight it,that is why I am not in bed yet,but soon I will be going to bed. I am taking it one day at a time and that is all I can do for myself. No,do not have any hobbies,I think I need to find one to keep me busy more. I am going to watch t.v and then go to bed. Be back on tomorrow. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:46 am

I am playing a game of checkers and I just lost. I need to get myself to bed,cause staying up like this,is only going to make the urges stronger. I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime,and I have plans of what I am going to do,to help myself.I hope everyone has a great night and I will do the samething. taking care of myself. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:40 pm

I had a great day so far,I worked in my scapebook this morning and put some pictures in it,like Hello Kitty and butterflies,things that I like.I had a early dinner which was good. My boy-friend will be over around 4pm,and I did dishes. I watching t.v right now,but at least the sun is out. I have not written in my journal yet,or did any coloring,just can not get in the mood for it right now. I know that I had rough time sleeping last night,cause I was feeling anxious and thoughts of SI was getting to me,but I am proud of myself for not doing it,even though the urges were getting to strong,I just watch t.v and then I went to bed,it was not easy for me,but I got through it alright. It was hard for me though and I was scare as well. I am going to watch t.v for awhile and relax,still a little bit tired,trying to wake up. I will be back on the bus later on. I promise :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:23 pm

I am watching t.v.,with my boy-friend and I talked to my mother and she was getting verbally abusive with me on the phone,and of course she got the last word in,and I hate that when it happens,but I am doing ok,feeling anxious,but with my boy-friend here I will be alright,it is harder when he is in not here,and I am all by myself. I have my coping skills to use when I need them,and I find out that when I am alone is when I need them the most. I had a great dinner tonight and I cooked it by myself,no my boy-friend was not here at that time. I am going to go watch t.v. and relax. I am haning in there and doing the best I can do. Be back later on,promise :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:07 am

Hi Candy,

Sorry to hear you had a difficult time with your mother and you're feeling a little anxious. Just remember all the coping skills you have posted in your coping thread and how they can help you out. Dinner sounds good, and cooking it yourself is great. I like cooking too sometimes.

Take care

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:32 am

I am sitting here watching a good movie with my boy-friend on Lifetime Movie Network and I do remember my coping skills and I promise myself that I will use them,I will not forget. My mother has her good days and bad days,but it does not give her the right to be verbally abusive to me,and yes she knows how I feel,but she nevers says she is sorry. It does hurt,but I get through it. I will be ok,and I will be back on the bus later on. I have program tomorrow and that will get me out of the apartment for awhile. I did not write in my journal or anything else,cause I have been busy,feel bad,but I will get though it,promise that. I am taking it one day at a time and I am hanging in there. be back later,promise :bcatsmile: