Advice to myself

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Something Else
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Advice to myself

Post by Something Else » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:14 am

This is probably really stupid, but I just wanted to talk to myself, and make myself write out/give voice to the positive, encouraging things I have to say to myself, rather than the destructive voices. Feel free to ignore, or join me and write a message to yourself if you wish. (And sorry if I'm somehow offending anyone or breaking any rules. Apparently, I never can tell these days.)

To Something:
You don't have to hurt yourself. You feel bad. But you don't have to hurt yourself. You feel urgy. But you don't have to hurt yourself. You feel like you should be punished. But you don't have to hurt yourself. You feel like your feelings don't matter, and that hurting yourself would prove that you do matter. But you do matter, and hurting yourself doesn't change that. You don't have to hurt yourself. You feel like your feelings are these crazy hidden things out of control, much like hallucinations, because no one can see or feel them except you. You want to hurt yourself to make them real, tangible, something that can be dealt with (and don't make you crazy). But you have the right to your feelings, and your feelings are real, whether or not anyone else knows or cares, whether or not you externalize them on your body. You don't have to hurt yourself.

Nothing forces you to hurt yourself or not to hurt yourself. It's a choice only you can make. If you choose to hurt yourself, in the long term, it doesn't help you. It doesn't make any problems go away. It doesn't make you any more worthwhile or sane. If you choose not to hurt yourself, it doesn't make you any weaker, less important, or crazier. If you choose not to hurt yourself, you'll still make it through. You'll find another way to deal with the situation. It'll pass. It always does. In the end, how do you want to have coped?

heidi4battle
creating your space
creating your space

Post by heidi4battle » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:56 pm

It is not stupid! I find that was helpful for me as well so thanks!

zombiepeople
knows the ropes
knows the ropes
Location: next to the spooky bus stop...i've never seen a bus there though...hmm

Post by zombiepeople » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:56 am

that was nice :)