Candys Coping Thread

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:06 am

My boy-friend just left and he went home to get some sleep,he is very tired,but doing ok. I am doing alright,but my mother got verbally abusive to me on the phone,and I could not deal with her anymore,so I had to hang up on her,it was getting to much for me,and I did not want to slip with SI cause of her,mainly I have control over my behavior,but she does not help at all,when she gets like that. My therapist told me today that she wants me to get back into my journal and I know that she is right,and that is something that I have to get motivated to do,and I am going to make that my goal tomorrow is writing in my journal,even if I have to push myself. I am going to watch t.v for awhile, take my medicaton and then go to bed for the night. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can do. I am going to get a good night sleep and I will be back on the bus sometime tomorrow. Hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will take care of myself. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:07 pm

I had a rough night last night,after my boy-friend left,I slip with SI,I was starting to feel like I was disscocaited with everything around me,not sure if I spell that word right. I slip with SI and I feel so guilty for what I did. I was up to 2:30 and I could not get myself to go to sleep, It was a strange feeling and I hate this. I finally woke up from a nap,cause I was soo tired out,and I know that my boy-friend is very supportive to me and he is feeling alot better,but I am not happy with myself for what I did to myself. I have to start really using my coping box,but I felt like I was watching myself from outside,I hope everyone knows what I am talking about.I have the coping skills,but for some reason I can not get myself motiviated to use them, I hate myself for not using them,not really just angry with myself. I am going to watch t.v. afterwards and write in my journal. I feel so sad inside :( I wish I could change that feeling to a happy feeling :-) I am going to take care of myself and wish I could forgive myself. I just want to feel ok. I am going to be alright. hanging in there and doing the best I can. feel bad. :bcatsmile:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:39 am

I am watching t.v. and playing checkers,but I never win,but I am playing for the fun. I wrote in my journal and that helped me alot today. I am sitting here with my boy-friend and we are watching t.v. I am feeling somewhat better than I did,but I still feel guilty for what I did last night. I hang in there and take care of myself tonight,it is snowing here,and cold outside,I just wanted to say HI and that I am hanging in there even though it is not easy write now. I am going to do the best I can tonight and remember to use my coping skills or come on the bus here.I am having a hard time forgiving myself and I hate when I can not do so,that hurts me alot. I am going to be ok and I have to try harder even though it is harder to do sometimes. I will be back on the bus later on. taking it one day at a time. hanging in there :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:17 pm

I am keeping myself busy today,so far I shove around my car and worked in my scapebook,and I am sitting here watching t.v.,so that is some positive things that I am doing,and later on I will write in my journal,if not I will tomorrow,but I am trying to do positive things for myself and even though I did not sleep good,and stay up to 1:30am,I did not do any SI to myself,so I am proud of that. My boy-friend is coming over later and we are going to go out to eat dinner,and spend sometime together. I feel somewhat better than I did last night,but eventually I will feel better about things, I know that it will take sometime,and I have to be patience with myself. I am going to go and watch t.v and relax for awhile. I will be back later on. :bcatsmile:

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:52 pm

hi candy: i have a question

what is an escapebook , can you tell me more about that please

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 pm

I meant a scrapebook that I have been working on,it is a book that I put pictures in that I like,like Hello Kitty,cats butterfiles and angels,pictures that mean alot to me. I am sorry that I wrote that wrong,my spelling was off. I had slip a few days ago,and I am trying to get myself back on track again,even after my boy-friend left,I started to disscoiate,not sure if I spell that right,and since then I had trouble sleeping. I have been feeling guitly for SI and I am trying to keep myself safe. Any coping skills that you think that would be helpful to me,you can post them here if you want. I hope you are doing ok. I am going out for awhile with my boy-friend for awhile,we are going out to eat,not sure where yet. Then I have to make some stops before I come home,just waiting till he gets here. I am doing ok and keeping myself busy. I have been watching t.v.and relaxing,after a nap that I needed. I am taking it one day at a time and that is all I can do for myself. I will be back later. :bcatsmile: :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:14 pm

I went out for dinner with my boy-friend and we went out to Ted's Hotdog,and then we went out to Walmart,we had a great time and we are a movie on Lifetime it is a good movie. I have things that I will be posting soon,just have to have more time to do it,hopfully tomorrow. It has been 2 days since my last SI,and I am taking it one day at a time. I feel better,but I still feel angry at myself for slipping. I just sitting back and relaxing and I just wanted to check in and let everyone know how I am doing. I did not get a chance to write in my journal today,but I did other things that were positive today. I know what my triggers are that cause me to do SI,I just need to work on them and keep praciting my coping skills. I am going to watch a movie that came on and it sounds good. I will be back on the bus later on. taking care of myself :star: :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:09 am

I had a great night with my boy-friend and I am sitting here watching t.v and planning to go to bed real soon,getting tired.I have plans for myself to keep me busy tomorrow. I am going to write in my journal and do some coloring as well. I already took my medication for the night and I am getting tired. I feel a little bit anxious,but once I get to bed I should feel better. Each day I do not do any SI I am proud of myself,but I feel anxious that I might slip,even though I am trying very hard fight the urges that I have. I am going to be ok and I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime. I am going to have a good night and get a good night sleep. I am going to hang in there. Be back tomorrow. :bcatsmile:

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:24 am

glad you had a good day :)
what did you color?
sleep can often help a lot.... hope you get a good nights sleep :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:51 pm

I just woke you and I plan on writing in my journal and coloring today,not sure what I am going to color yet,cause I have not decided and that is something that I plan on doing. I had a great night last night and I slept good. It has been 3 days and I have not done any SI,and I am proud of myself for it,just always afraid of slipping though.I have stuff to add to my coping thread,but it will take me awhile to post it here,so be patience with me,not awake yet. I have stencil and they are flowers and I am going to use my makers and make a picture with them,by coloring in the spaces,and then later on I will color a picture.The sun is out,but it is cold outside. I am going to enjoy my day and relax and have some fun,cause I have to go back to program tomorrow. I am glad that I am here and that I have my coping thread,it has helped me alot. I promise to be back later on. taking it one day at a time :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:33 pm

I did some stencils today and I took a nap for awhile and I am just watching t.v. I have not colored yet or wrote in my journal today,cause I got so frustrated with my computer,cause it was not working for awhile and that did not help my nerves at all. I know that I have no control over it,but it just got me frustrated. I am going to watch t.v for awhile and then hopefully I can get into my journal,but sometimes this coping thread is like a journal to me as well,I rather write in here then do SI,which is a good thing too. I am hanging in there and doing the best I can do. I am going to go watch t.v and I will be back later on. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing ok. I am going to relax for awhile. Have a great day :star:

angelic212
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by angelic212 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:19 am

hi candy!

i like the idea of the scrapbook, i think im going to give it a try, and i think it will help me too.

i have a scrapbook but i want to decorate the cover, do you have any ideas of how i should decorate the cover of the scrapbook? maybe a landscape or some pretty picture?

what else has worked for you for coping skills?

i need some ideas too if you have any please post them, i m kind of strugglign at the moment and i could use some coping skills,

i hope that you have a good weekend. im off to church in a little while in 40 minutes.

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:35 am

I am sorry that you are struggling and the other things that has helped me cope are:
1) :bluestar: talking to friends on the phone
2) :heart: going for a walk
3) :blueheart: writing in my journal
4) :lpurpstar: posting on the bus
5) visiting friends
6) :cyheart: watching comedys helped me alot
7) :orngheart: taking a nap
8) :cystar: I like coloring,but I need some pictures,did you get my PM letter that I sent you.
9) :redstar: doing word finds
10) :redstar: swimming,but we have snow here.
I hope that helps you,please let me know,if I can think of anymore I will post it here.I am not doing soo great ever,I slip with SI a few days again on a Friday,so I know how you feel when you are stuggling with things inside. I hope you got my letter,cause I asked you if you can send me a copy of one of your pictures that you draw,so I can have something to color,only if you want to,it is up to you. I hope this helps you,and please take care of yourself. I am watching t.v with my boy-friend,and I did have a good weekend,back to program for me tomorrow. I am hanging in there and that is all I can do for myself. I will be back on the bus later. :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:56 am

I am doing pretty good tonight and I am getting tired,my boy-friend left and I will be going to bed real soon. I already took my medication for the night. I have program tomorrow and I will be back on the bus later in the evening. I hope everyone has a great night. I did not do any SI today and I am proud of myself for making it another night. I promise to be back tomorrow,I did not get any coloring done or writing in my journal,but we were watching a good movie,and I had a great time with him. I am going to take it easy and get a real good night sleep,which I need right now. I will see ya tomorrow :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:12 pm

I just got home from program,and it was a stressful day for me,talking to my therapist about my past,made it where I feel more anxious and I am trying to relax and it is not easy for me right now. My therapist wants me to start writing my journal,but when I do I can not sit down,cause I do not want to get it out of me,the things that are bothering me inside, I rather sleep and not face things. I can write here,but she wants me to write in my journal,but I do not know how to get myself to do that,any advice will be helpful from anyone,and knowing that I will be moving,not knowing when,I still be on the bus,I happy about that,is also making me nervous,meaning moving. Is also hard for me,not sure when I will be moving though. My heart is racing face and I think I need to lay down for awhile and take it easy. Anyone has any ideal about how to get myself back in to writing in my journal,please let me know. I will be back on the bus later,I promise,need to rest. rough day. I am taking it one day at a time. Be back later :star:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:21 pm

I just woke up and I really needed the nap,I was soo tired. I am going to keep myself busy tonight,and if I have trouble sleeping tonight I will do some cleaning and hopefully I will write in my journal. I am sitting here watching t.v with my boy-friend. The anxiety was getting to me and the nap helped me to come down,or I might of slip with SI,that is one way I try to aviod SI,not all the time,but when I am alone,it helps me alot. I feel alot better now,but I know I will,it will take sometime.I hope everyone is doing ok and I just wanted to let everyone know that I hanging in there and doing the best I can. I will be back on the bus later on. going to watch t.v. and I have things to do.See ya later!!!

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:38 am

I am having a rough time,cause I never know if I am going to dissocate,if I spell that word right,sorry if spell that wrong,how do I know and what can I do about it.My boy-friend is here and he is being a big support to me,but I never know when it is going happen,does anyone have this problem and how do you know when it is going to happen? I needed to write,cause it is alot better for me to keep focus on what is going on. I know that I will be alot,it is a scaring feeling for me.I will be ok,and being on the bus helps alot and I promise myself tomorrow that I will write in my journal everyday. I am to tired to do so and not feeling well. I am going to watch t.v and relax. I will be back on the bus later,promise. :bcatsmile:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:44 am

I am doing alot better than I was before,my boy-friend left and he is still not feeling well, I hope he does not go back into the hosptial with pneunimua,if I spell that right. I hope he feels better soon. I am sitting here watching a movie and I will be going to bed in awhile. I already took my medication for the night,and I plan on writing in my journal tomorrow,not up to it tonight. I am tired and need to get some rest. I know that I have not posted alot of coping skills here,but when I wash the floors tonight,it helped me alot,and I have a busy day tomorrow,so that will help alot,and sometime to myself. I am going to watch t.v and I will be back on the bus tomorrow sometime. Have a great night and I will do the same. Just tired.I am taking it one day at a time. :bcatsmile:

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:05 pm

Hi Candy,
I was sorry to hear about your boyfriend being unwell, but I'm sure he'll be better soon. Look after yourself, hopefully getting some sleep will do you good. Housework helps me cope too actually, I always clean when I'm stressed. Movies are good too, they help to keep your mind off things.
Take care

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Candy's Coping Thread

Post by Candy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:34 pm

I did not do any SI last night and I am proud of myself for that. I do need to start taking care of myself alot better than what I have been doing. I am doing ok,not feeling well cause my period is coming and I have alot of cramps and a headache,and they are working on my roof,and eventually I will be moving,cause they are remodlieng all the apartments where I am living,so alot of people have to move,I got alot of my cleaning done, and I am going to take mortion for it,then later I am going to write in my journal,but right now,I do not feel good. I had a great sleep last night and it helped alot. I am going watch t.v for awhile and I will be back on later. Besides not feeling well,I am stress out as well. Going to relax and take it easy. Be back later :bcatsmile: