Self-Image Rehab?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

pebbles202
one of us
one of us

Self-Image Rehab?

Post by pebbles202 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:21 am

I know about drug and alcohol rehab clinics, but does anyone know if there are clinics that have intense self image 'rehabilitation' programs. I feel as though I have hit rock bottom and I don't know how to come out of it. I would immerse myself in a program of some sort that will focus on how to change myself for a few weeks or month.. something like that. Does anyone have any information about programs such as these? Please either post here or PM me. Thank you for your help.
Every action has a reaction and everything has a purpose.

2crazy
creating your space
creating your space

self injury rehab

Post by 2crazy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:38 pm

hi. Loma Linda Behavioral Medical Center is be San Bernardino, close to L.A. they have a 30 day in-patient or 30 day out-patient program on self injury. i went through their drug and alcohol program and reccommend them highly. even have a phone number. good luck, cindy 909-5589275

driftingaway2007
one of us
one of us

dbt

Post by driftingaway2007 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:24 am

have u looked into dbt...it is a treatment that is usually worked on through group or individual therapy or both...there is a book u can buy by masha linehan and she also has a treatment center i beleive it is in washigton state...but th book includes various coping and skills training but is much more helpful when done through therapy of somesort to get the support from the professionals trained in teaching the skills...but u can also find most of the excercises from the book on the web and there are online dbt groups like at yahoo