Books!

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

zombiepeople
knows the ropes
knows the ropes
Location: next to the spooky bus stop...i've never seen a bus there though...hmm

Post by zombiepeople » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:52 am

Garth Nix and J.R.R Tolkien are good authors. Also Terry Pratchet (spelled that wrong :roll: )
Depends on the mood, but i also like Stephen King novels and short stories and True Crime novels. Sometimes scaring myself is fun.

Naomi_Om
creating your space
creating your space

Post by Naomi_Om » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:16 am

hah, i was just thinking...what do i like? what has been inspiring, helpful, etc?
given that i'm a book-worm, i would have to take over the entire thread...
:tongue:

so, i'm just going to list what i'm reading currently that i like:

Jean Vanier: "Becoming Human"
(this has to be the most beautiful book ever! :D)

"Introducing Existentialism"

Viktor Frankl: "Man's Search For Meaning"

His Holiness the Dalai Lama: "How to Expand Love: Widening the Circle of Loving Relationships"

....yeeees...i am a geek :o
muahahaha

Naomi
~"Which wolf will you feed?"~

Lynds
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Lynds » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:27 pm

If you like a bit of absurdist comedy then try Skulduggery Pleasant-it's SO funny!! I read a proof of it and so did a lad in my reading group and we both think it's going to be the next big thing-Artemis Fowl big!! The first publication run is going to have bright orange pages! Wicked!! (It's a kids book though just to warn you!) Plus, my HO asked if they could use a quote from me on the posters to promote the book which made me really happy as it's my favourite book so far this year!!
"She would never know, because he would never tell her. Somehow if she’d known the worst parts, she couldn’t have gone on being a haven for him… He needed her ignorance to hide in. Yet at the same time, he wanted to know and be known as deeply as possible. And the two desires were irreconcilable"
From Regeneration by Pat Barker