I'm stuck.

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Spidey
board admin
board admin

I'm stuck.

Post by Spidey » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:37 pm

I'm stuck mentally and emotionally. I know what is going on, but I don't have a way to unstickify myself. Because of this I've SI'ed, thereby losing my 65 day streak and I've gone far, far off my diet.

I've managed to bring myself back to the diet and am back on the no-SI bandwagon.

But I'm still stuck. I have emotional and mental stuff that I need to process and deal with but I can't seem to get over that hump to finally put it away.

Any suggestions on how to get un-stuck?
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

treasure
forum moderator - workshop & before & after
forum moderator - workshop & before & after

Post by treasure » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:06 am

is it your emotions, feelings or actions that are stuck?

for emotions - i would try to do something that connects or expresses my emotions. be creative, play emotional music, watch emotional movies, ask someone for a long hug(if possible).

for thoughts - what are your automatic thoughts? what causes those thoughts and what can you do about those causes? what affects do your thoughts have and what can you do to influence those affects? i would write down as much of my thoughts as i can or talk to someone who i can say it to and who can help me pick out faulty thinking.

for actions - write out si urges or other thoughts. make goals and plan smaller steps to reach those goals. give yourself space and time to do something nice for youself. if you can't get motivated, give yourself a reward for completing something, or reassess your goals to something you are more motivated to do (an example for me - if i tell myself to study one hr a day and end up studying less than that and not every day, then i could instead plan to study 3-5hrs / week and plan 20min breaks for every hr and rewards for each week i reach my goal.)

hope that made sense and helped a little?
treasure
virtual hugs welcome.
shiny place or old place

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:39 am

it helps a lot. thanks :)
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

teacher2B
building community
building community

Post by teacher2B » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:49 pm

Have you tried journalling? I've found that simply writing really helps. If just sitting down and writing doesn't help, then some journal prompts I've found helpful are: pretend you're writing a letter to someone to let them know what's going on or if you're religious, journal a prayer.