Need to learn how to cope better

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Need to learn how to cope better

Post by Candy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:15 pm

I need to know how to make my coping thread on this board,cause I do not know how to start one for myself. I am sitting here and I am anxious,cause I every time I talked to my mother she gets so verballly abusive to me,and it does not help me,to relax and I do not what to slip with SI,that I know that post here alot and I feel alone and I do not know how to get myself motiavted to do anything. I do not feel depressed,I just can not relax and it is starting to get on my nerves. I am working on a scapebook and I need pictures of Hello Kittty,butterflies and dolphins and if anyone wants to send them to me,you can if you want to. I wish I could I relax and trying to fight the urges of SI,does not help the anxiety level at all. I feel so alone and scared and I hate all this right now and I wish it would stop.I am trying to cope and keep myself busy,but I am having a hard time,any suggestions.I know that I already slip with SI,and I do not want to do it again and that is why I am posting,so I do not do anything.I hope I feel better soon,cause it is getting so much and I will keep posting,cause it helps me alot.I am sooo scared of this and I want it to stop. Thanks :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:56 pm

have you tried Googling for pictures?

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

hi

Post by Candy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:59 pm

No, I have not but I will thanks,take care :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:06 pm

I am glad that posting helps you. :)

Have you looked at this thread? There are A LOT of ideas there. I recommend starting at the beginning and trying as many as you can until you find some that work for you. Scrapbooking is a really good idea. Have you looked through magazines and catalogs for pictures?