Feeling Guilty

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Feeling Guilty

Post by Candy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:04 pm

I have been feeling guilty for slipping with SH,and I can not let the feeling go,it has been two weeks since I done anything. I get so anxious and I feel alone,I wrote in my journal and been doing a scape book,but the urge can be so strong that I feel out of control and I hate feeling this way.Does anyone have any ideas that have helped them that can helped me. I also have Borderline Personality Disorder and that it also hard to deal with. I feel so bad,but when I did it,the urges and the negative feelings were so strong inside about me. I am hanging in there,and trying to fight the urge,but it can be so powerful at times,and I am mad at myself for what I did. I am trying to relax,but it is so hard for me,I wish it would stop for good,but I know that I have to make it stop;plus I can not do it alone,the bus has helped me alot,with friends that have been supportive. I hate feeling anxious and I am on meds for that. I feel like I am going on here and I am sorry for that. I just need to cope better and I am having a hard time. If you want to Pm,you are weclome. Taking it one minute at a time. :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:26 pm

Hi, just letting you know that I'm reading, and I'm sorry that things are hard for you at the moment. Struggling with SI is something so difficult, and the guilty feeling after is not much fun either. Two weeks is really good though, it shows that you're capable of it, and that it can be done again.

When I was trying to stop SI, whenever I was feeling urgy I tried to find people and not be on my own. That might help with the anxiety too. I didn't even talk to them about SI or anything a lot of the time, I just went to be with people and get myself out of the situation where i could SI.

I hope that helps a little, I understand that there are not always people around, but then maybe you could post on BUS or something.

Sorry, not a very constructive post with advice and stuff, but I hope you're doing ok anyway and that things get better.
:star: