Strugglling with Coping Skills

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Strugglling with Coping Skills

Post by Candy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:24 am

Besides the SH,that I had two nights ago, I still fear that I might slip again and I am trying very hard not to.I bought myself a new box for my coping box,just need to get ideals to put things in it.My problem is my anxiety,cause when it gets to high,it is so much harder to cope and it is harder to stop the behavior. I have friends that support me and my boy-friend is very helpful. I hate it the most when people try to push me to SH,by triggering my emotions and feelings,and my therapist told me to stay away from them,that is hard,cause I thought they were my friends. Does that make any sense to anyone? My parents are not very supportive with my illness,which is hard for me,so I feel so alone and it is a scary feeling when the urges gets so strong for me. There are times that I am scared all the time and I hate that feeling,sometimes I am scared of myself. I hope that someone has some ideas for me,I will be very grateful and I hate the way I am feeling tonight and I need some suggestions to get me through the night.You are weclome to PM,if you want to.Just taking it one minute at a time. Hate this feeling that I have inside.Doing the best I can tonight. :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:19 am

It's tough and it's hard, but it's probably best to stay away from, or limit contact with, the people who trigger your anxiety. Remember to recognize and/or to set boundaries with people, and if they violate them, call them on it.

Anxiety is a really tough nut to crack. Do you know what your triggers are for anxiety? Brainstorm some ways that you can deal with the anxiety without letting it get out of hand.

Some ideas:

- Get a stress ball
- Deep breathing
- Taking a walk

Good luck
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave: