Frustrating with Coping Skills

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

Frustrating with Coping Skills

Post by Candy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:17 am

HI this is Candy,
I am having a hard time coping and it has been so hard for me to get back into my journal when I am home,it is like all I want to do is sleep. I have not done any SH for a week,but I have a hard time feeling proud of myself when i do not do it and feel guilty for doing so. I just need some advice and encourgement to get myself going again.When I get anxious,hurt frustration or can not deal with my uncomfortable feelings that is when I do SH.I just feel alone and there are times that I hate the way I am feeling inside,but I staying around positive people and my boy-friend is a big help. Any suggestions or advice,please feel free to PM me,I am always on the Bus now. Thanks for listening to me. :star:
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.

one out of none
bus addict
bus addict

Post by one out of none » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:55 pm

Hi,
I'm just letting you know that I'm reading, and I undertand what you're saying. I'm just not very good with advice.

Well done on the week though, that's fantastic. I know it can be tough sometimes.

You mentioned a journal. I always find that to be fantastic as an outlet for all my bad feelings, but that seems to be difficult for you at the moment. What I do when I'm feeling bad, is to post on bus, or draw, or watch silly films that don't need much thought one after the other as a distraction. I also have a coping box, and I find it really useful.

It's great that you have positive people who help. People like that are great for lifting bad moods.

Sorry about the lack of practical advice, I just wanted to let you know that I'm reading.

Wishing you all the best.

:lpurpstar: :bluestar: :lpurpstar:

Candy
orange smartie
orange smartie

hi

Post by Candy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:34 am

Thanks for your post it helped me alot. I have a coping box,but I would like to make a another one that is better than what I have,any suggestions from anyone. It is hard not to do any SH,even when your mother is very verbally abusive and I hate what she says to me,even though I told her,it will never stop. I know that the nights are hard for me when I am alone,or when my emotions are to painful to deal with. I am just hanging in there. Thanks again
I am in a dark place like a turtle afraid to deal with the pain that I do not want to feel,but eventually I will slowly face my pain,like the turtle when he comes out of his shell.

To find yourself,think of yourself first.