Question, dealing with sex

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

khushrenada
settling in
settling in

Question, dealing with sex

Post by khushrenada » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:34 am

I was talking to my ex gf earlier today. Anyways, she got to asking me personal questions like if I had a new gf, if I was still a virgin, etc. Anyways, I still am and I told her so. She starts saying I should have sex so I'm not a virgin. So, long story short, she kept on saying that and now I kinda feel like crap. So, here the question: am I right in my views that sex should be something more in a committed relationship than sex for the sake of sex?

Thanks in advance.
fgsfds

5th section
just plain inspiring
just plain inspiring
Location: if rain makes Britain great then Manchester is greater

Post by 5th section » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:23 pm

well I suppose my view is fairly similar - it's part of a relationship, not something you do just for its own sake.

...but that's not the imprtant point. why the hell does your ex think she has any right to interfere? This is for you & your current partner to decide and if anyone else tries to put pressure on you, tell them where to go.
...then one day I realised that the people you see in waiting rooms and car parks and on trains are really far more interesting. That they all have whole novels inside them, a fabric of scar tissues, photos and memories. They are comedies and tragedies and - more often - both at the same time.
- Anna James (1984-2007)

son of ultimate starshine / brother of Eisa & Sprink / Birdie's ornithologist / married to Mande / Chey's uncle
- my place
- my band (or more accurately, the band of which I am the bassist) some SI/SU triggers in lyrics...proceed with caution...

GOING STRAIGHT SINCE 1ST DECEMBER 2009

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:08 pm

You have the right to defend and live whatever belief it is you hold.

Personally I agree with you.
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

zombiepeople
knows the ropes
knows the ropes
Location: next to the spooky bus stop...i've never seen a bus there though...hmm

Post by zombiepeople » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:12 am

I believe that you should have the right to choose what you want to do concerning sex, and that no one else should tell you otherwize. ...but that's just my opinion. Personally I think sex should be part of a relationship and not just something you do just for the sake of doing it, but again that's just my opinion.