Today I...

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

StevieLynn
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Today I...

Post by StevieLynn » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:02 am

I've been struggling to make my five month benchmark, and today I had the day off. Usually, that would give me more opportunity to think about how much I have been feeling the urge to SI. So today, I took the advice of some of the answers to my posts. I employed a number of coping skills to keep me going through the day. I :

Slept in
Took a nice hot shower
Used my special lotion
Cleaned my room
Put all the rubber bands I found lying around my room while I cleaned around my wrist
Worked on the mittens I am knitting as a gift (they look like alligators!)
Went fabric shopping
Made French Onion Burgundy soup (Ok, so I haven't eaten it yet, but I'm working on it.)
Watched my favorite TV show on DVD
Cuddled with my cat
Watched it flurry
Watched the snow melt (almost as exciting as watching grass grow and paint dry)
Answered some BUS posts
Reread the card sent to me by a camper telling me what a positive impact I've had on her life and how much she loves me.

I'm pleased with myself for the number of things I managed to do today that wasn't SI. Anyone else want to share?

Love,
Stevie
Last edited by StevieLynn on Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Which Something Oooh Occurred

And it felt like a winter machine that you go through and then you catch your breath and winter starts again, and everyone else was springbound. And when I chose to live, there was no joy, it's just a line I crossed. I wasn't worth the pain my death would cost, so I was not lost or found....But when you live in a world, well, it gets in to who you th ought you'd be. And now I laugh at how the world changed me. I think life chose me after all.
--Dar Williams

the edge of the world
knows the ropes
knows the ropes

Post by the edge of the world » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:06 am

:) Good thread! I'm glad you're taking such good care of yourself today~

Today, I played with my squishy, green thing whenever I was anxious, took pictures when my mind was losing focus, and planned socialness for later tonight to be less lonely. I also feel really good that I invited my friend to come with us who hasn't been doing much socially but didn't want to be as forward as I was (kind of invited myself... but, hey, I figure they can think of a way to ditch me if they really don't want me to go).

zombiepeople
knows the ropes
knows the ropes
Location: next to the spooky bus stop...i've never seen a bus there though...hmm

Post by zombiepeople » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:11 am

Neat idea for a thread :)

Lets see...today I went to school...did things with needles and my skin that I'm not supposed to :oops: , got home and went on my computer, then I talked to one of my friends on the phone for an hour and ate popcorn chicken. Yup that's basically it for today, nothing too exciting.

danonegative
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by danonegative » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:30 am

.....I woke up with a heavy heart so I went back to bed to try to start over.....I called a freind that I have been neglecting for a long time........I cooked a nice vegitarian meal for my family.......and I told my wife how important she is to me......

I like this thread :D

D.
Let me put on my clown face,
Before I roll out of bed.
So everyone who looks at me,
Won't know how sad I am.

Lynds
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Lynds » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:11 pm

:star: I was nice to the somewhat useless and unwittingly stupid Saturday girl at work even though she was rude about my department last week :o

:star: I wrote four pitch letters to try and get some kids authors to do events at our shop

:star: I spoke to my friend and agreed not to drink (too much!) at the pub tonight

:star: I realised I was parked next to one of my oldest friends in the car park today so left a message for her on her windscreen

:star: I didn't tell the prick who woke me up last night to piss off, I sent him a very amicable text message instead even though I hate him

:star: I didn't SI even though I had the means, opportunity and the desire

StevieLynn
bus mechanic
bus mechanic

Post by StevieLynn » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:10 am

I need to keep reminding myself of all the healthy things I did to encourage myself. It's not been a marvelous week.

So today, I

Slept late (oops)
Did a little happy dance for making five months SI free!
went to work
snapped the rubber bands on my wrist instead of SIing
Read my card again.
Played a bunch of silly games on the "games" forum
Asked for help

Love,
Stevie
In Which Something Oooh Occurred

And it felt like a winter machine that you go through and then you catch your breath and winter starts again, and everyone else was springbound. And when I chose to live, there was no joy, it's just a line I crossed. I wasn't worth the pain my death would cost, so I was not lost or found....But when you live in a world, well, it gets in to who you th ought you'd be. And now I laugh at how the world changed me. I think life chose me after all.
--Dar Williams