Feeling angry or frustrated?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

joeygirl
sock rocker
sock rocker

Feeling angry or frustrated?

Post by joeygirl » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:42 am

Well, I am nearly always angry or frustrated at something or someone. I tried something completely different the other night to get my rage out of me. I punched a punching bag till I could punch no more. Then I kicked the punching bag till I could kick no more. I did hurt my arms though.

I guess this served a few needs for me. I ended up hurt but there was nothing serious about it, I had no energy left, I felt the adrenaline kick in while doing it so I also experienced a somewhat 'good' feeling from it.

All I can say is that it was the best $50 I have ever spent!! :)
Siggy pic proudly brought to you by waydownsouth!!

My little home of madness!
It's all good until it's not...
The worst that's gonna happen is you'll look back and say sh#t I shouldn't have done that.....

Binayshee
orange smartie
orange smartie

Post by Binayshee » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:24 am

good for you. i have been thinking lately what i could do when i'm angry, punching bag sounds great.

joeygirl
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by joeygirl » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:13 am

Works for me!! And it's fun to picture the face of whoever has ticked you off on it so you can punch the crap out of them without actually doing it!....(oh that sounds silly!)

The worst that's gonna happen is you'll look back and say sh#t I shouldn't have done that.....

Lynds
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Lynds » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:27 pm

I do a similar thing-I practise my punching (rubbish at it as I am!) and I do what for me is vigorous exercise like skipping...I find that really helps me when I'm dead angry!

:bfly:

joeygirl
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by joeygirl » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:27 am

Good idea with the skipping. My friend has just started doing that but her legs are sore. Maybe too hard too fast?? Also, I worry that I will look like a complete tool skipping Lol!! Might give it a try though. If nothing else, might make me laugh!! :D

Lynds
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Lynds » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:30 am

Yeah, I do tend to fall over quite a lot and get my leg caught in the rope!! I can only do it for about 5 mins then I'm cream crackered but that's enough to burn off some of that excess energy so it does help and the silliness of it is good too like you say!!

:bfly: