i need srs help!

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

sammyr4
one of us
one of us

i need srs help!

Post by sammyr4 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:36 am

i really need help. im onli 13 n hav been cutin 4 a couple years. iv tried stoppin but nothin is workin. i told my mum wen i started but she just judged me so i told her i stopped but really havent. i dont comunicate wif my dad. i told my school councilla that i did it but she rang mi mum. mi mum thinks im fine so im to scared to ask to c a councilla outside school. i told one of my really close friends but she went n told every1 n told really bad rumors. i am sik n tired of lyin n i just want it all to end. pllz some1 help me.

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:41 am

what have you tried to stop cutting?

welcome to bus :)

sammyr4
one of us
one of us

Post by sammyr4 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:43 am

iv tried usin a rubba band, tlk to friends about somethin totally different, a journal, screamin, bashin a pillow, playin socca, go 4 a run, try to sleep (i am always so exhausted coz i neva get any sleep) the list goes on n on

plantt
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by plantt » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:05 am

does it include trying therapy &/or meds?

sammyr4
one of us
one of us

Post by sammyr4 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:41 am

no n no...i cnt tell ne1 to coz they will tell my mum n i dnt do meds

Neener03
building community
building community

Post by Neener03 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:15 pm

Have you tried answering the "Before" and "After" questions on the Before and After forum? They may help you understand the things that trigger you. Decreasing or eliminating triggers will help decrease or eliminate SH.

It can be hard for parents to understand SH because they don't want to admit that their child is hurting. They may feel like they did or didn't do something to cause it. Although you mom hasn't responded to your SH in the manner you would like, it still couldn't hurt to ask your mom to see a therapist. Let her know that you want to get better but don't think you are able to do it on your own.

:clover: :1hugs:

syn
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by syn » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:09 pm

I just wanted to second the usefulness of the Before and After forum, though be prepared to do some serious work if you go there, but it will be good for you.

I know the idea of therapy and medication is scary when you're young and still living at home but I think it is worth talking that over with your mom. Therapy is really helpful in getting someone to understand why they SI, what their triggers are, how to avoid them, and what to do if a trigger comes along anyways.

BUS has a lot to offer and can be a huge help, but having a Therapist to talk to can provide even more. It also sounds like you have been trying some coping skills but they haven't been working, which means you probably need to go above and beyond what you've been doing.
~ Syn

with recognition we will grieve
that waking is the sorrow of ending dreams

expiation.org