can't handle much..*si*

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

bluegoose
growing roots
growing roots

can't handle much..*si*

Post by bluegoose » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:16 pm

i may have posted about thisi before, or maybe just mentioned it BUT it seems as if i cannot handle very much stress at all w/out SIing.

it feels as if my body's looking for an excuse to SI, I find myself having arguments with myself that "just one more time won't do much damage, besides now you'll have more marks! besides, you still think about this all the time anyway, so it's not as if quitting's done much good"

Was reallllllly close to doing it last night, and it was only the idea that maybe if i don't then maybe it will occupy my mind SLIGHTLY less.

I don't know how to make myself more mentally 'sturdy' so maybe I could actually handle stress
Ask me about hobbies:Guitar, fountain pens and beer tasting (seriously, tasting)

MusicalMorphine
growing roots
growing roots

Post by MusicalMorphine » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:40 pm

I do that too. A lot of the time I seem to just be doing it for the sake of it. I think it's got to the point where I don't even need it as a coping mechanism much anymore.

Don't really have any advice to you but I just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
:star:

Naiia
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by Naiia » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:19 pm

Heh. That's one of my main justifications lately, too. I think about it all the time anyway...it's not like actually doing it makes me any more or less crazy anyway. :) Obviously this has logical flaws, but, whatever.

And, yeah, I think I look for "excuses" to do it quite a bit lately.

Soo...yeah...I, too, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.

syn
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by syn » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:17 am

First I examine the stress and see if there is anything I can do to relieve the problem causing it, even if it is just a little bit. If there isn't, or that would cause even more stress at that moment I use one of my distractions (bath, book, net, etc). Then I try to go back and address the problem. Don't know if that helps.

I find that if I am able to address the problem, even if it is going to take time that my urges lessen.
~ Syn

with recognition we will grieve
that waking is the sorrow of ending dreams

expiation.org

bluegoose
growing roots
growing roots

Post by bluegoose » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:25 pm

thanks for the replies guys! i think i might actually try and talk to someone at my school about what to do if i get freaked out. Especially since i've never really talked to anyone proffesional about SI so i thought i might learn something.

i'll let you know if i figure anything brilliant out
Ask me about hobbies:Guitar, fountain pens and beer tasting (seriously, tasting)