body butter and rats! (SI)

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

pippin
one of us
one of us

body butter and rats! (SI)

Post by pippin » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:59 pm

I've been feeling down all day, and it took all my effort to try and be kind to myself; i was wondering if other people sometimes do the same thing i have done this evening...

I have done this before, and found that it has worked very well sometimes, I bought some really nice body butter from the body shop and gently rubbed it on my body where i would normally hurt myself, and where i wanted to today (i was also wondering if people do the same as me, becoming almost fixated on a specific part of the body and obsessing with injuring there until things become easier?). Feeling a kind touch on my skin feels so wonderful at times like this. I immediately felt a lift in my mood, increased further when my two pet rats decided that they liked the taste of the body butter and began licking it off my arms before going directly for the pot to eat it! After which it was swiftly removed and i was lying on my bed laughing so much at the disappointed looks on their faces at the loss of their new 'food'! i love my ratties, they're so good at cheering me up at times like this.

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:58 am

aww that's gorgeous!

are you sure the body butter doesn't have chemicals that will harm them though?

sometimes when i'm trying to tan I'll rub butter over my skin. my cat likes to lick it too :)

I also fixate on a certain part of my body, but after so many years of SI it seems to have spread eveywhere :(

I'm glad this stopped you from hurting yourself.
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

pippin
one of us
one of us

Post by pippin » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:01 am

Both of them seem ok this morning! rats do eat strange things tho, i once let some of mine out in the bathroom and they tried to eat soap and toothpaste :roll:

treasure
forum moderator - workshop & before & after
forum moderator - workshop & before & after

Post by treasure » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:44 am

*laughs at the rats*

i don't like to put creams etc where i want to si cos it makes it harder to not think of it. generally i love the feel of my feet getting pampered so i should moisturise them when i feel down...
treasure
virtual hugs welcome.
shiny place or old place

recovering4me
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by recovering4me » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:54 pm

awww rats... i miss mine :( thats cute though
Proud Member of NOB WHEATS
Not Old But We Hate Every and All Text Speak
Completely cut free since sometime in Aug, im not going back.
My Place
Sober since June 19
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
*grieving the loss of my little girl, Addie Leygh, RIP baby girl, mommy loves you*