cutting in H. I. IRL

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

moo-moo
town councillor
town councillor

cutting in H. I. IRL

Post by moo-moo » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:30 pm

Help. My human interactions teacher started to talk about cutting in class, and i could not handle it. she called on me and i could not talk. it was like time was frozen. can someone give me some ideas to not freak out in class when she is talking about sm. plus i think there is a rumor going around school that i cut and burn. somehow it got out and i dont know what to do. every time i walk past someone, i hear them say" eww, that is the girl that cust herself." someone please help me.
Last edited by moo-moo on Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
hugs and pms welcome*****
My Place "I will always love him"

your bottles almost empty..you know this cant go on, because of you my mind is always racing..
the needles breaking your skin..the scar is sinking in...and know your trip begins..
but its all over for...its all over for you.....you....
when your on the edge and falling off..its all over for you...for you..

tzanti
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by tzanti » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:02 pm

I'm not sure what 'Human Interaction' classes entail. Can you tell me? Sounds as though it involves some quite robust subjects, though. I believe that you have every right not to discuss difficult subjects with a roomful of strangers unless you choose to do so. Did the teacher already know, or did she just pick you out at random. If it's the latter then it's bad luck; if the former then I would call it poor judgment at best.

If you must engage, then try to remember that you come from a viewpoint of experience. That is a strength. Remember, that your teacher is likely to speak from the prescribed text. That is a weakness. Try not to go directly into your own experience, but to apply what you know in abstract.

Another possibility might be to get hold of whtever textbook or guidance is being taught from, and read ahead. That way you can arm yourself for what is upcoming. This can be hard as it could well contain a stack of triggers.

The only useful answer I have ever found to rumours and whispers is to ignore them. That isn't to say ignore the person, just ignore the rubbish they come out with.

I hope this helps. I'm a long time out of the education system, though.

T.
Tzanti.
No hugs please.

"Rational resistance, to an unwise urge." Prime Mover, Rush.
"Change means movement. Movement means friction." Saul Alinski

Place: The Rational Resistance

moo-moo
town councillor
town councillor

Post by moo-moo » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:20 pm

human interactrions is a class where you talk about drug addictions, sexual influence, and peer pressure. i think that she did know because my english teacher found out also, so i am pretty sure that he reported it to the counsler, so most likely the counsler told all of my teachers that i sm, which really sucks. i feel like i have no privacy. even my whole family knows that i sm. i am trying really hard to stop, but i just get these overpowering urges that i cant control. the teacher was a little frustrated at me because i didnt say anything, i just sat there motionless with the classes eyes all on me. it was so embrassing. thank you for the support and the advice. but i dont think we ahve a book, we just talk about all the problems in class aboput teen issues.
Last edited by moo-moo on Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

your bottles almost empty..you know this cant go on, because of you my mind is always racing..
the needles breaking your skin..the scar is sinking in...and know your trip begins..

Licentia Poetica
forum moderator emeritus
forum moderator emeritus

Post by Licentia Poetica » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:28 pm

Okay, I went through HELL in high school because of my self harm/ suicidal issues.

I eventually learned that.. there was nothing I could do about rumours but turn up every day, smile, try to be confident and not let it get to me.

Seriously if you worry about what everyone is thinking, you will never get through it. Try to ignore people who make awful comments, theyre not worth it.

Remind yourself that while most people love gossip, they go through it fast. The next day they'll be talking about who kissed someone else's boyfriend.

Also, your true friends are not going to gossip about you, but they ARE going to worry, and care. And sometimes that means they are going to talk about you while you're not there. Try to accept that this is because they do want to help.

Perhaps if your teacher makes a huge deal about it you could try to talk to her after class and reassure her that, while you're not fine, you are trying to get better. They may want to know that you're seeing the school counsellor.

Lastly, if you can, try not to hurt yourself at school. I know it's not going to be easy at times, but I've seriously regretted some of the choices I've made to SI at school, including one that nearly got me expelled. If you get stuck and need help, or hurt yourself too badly, they are not going to treat you lightly, and they will insist you get help.

:star:
:redstar: the time to tell a person you care is now :redstar: the paper crane chain of hope :redstar:

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.
John Churton Collins

moo-moo
town councillor
town councillor

Post by moo-moo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:01 pm

thankyou for all of the good advice. it is soooo hard to not si at school. i have already burned a couple of times, and i did regret it.

flipflopfetish
awe-inspiring
awe-inspiring

Post by flipflopfetish » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:23 am

I have no good advice, but I'm really sorry, some people are just insensitive f*cks. :1hug:

moo-moo
town councillor
town councillor

Post by moo-moo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:41 am

i totally agree

flipflopfetish
awe-inspiring
awe-inspiring

Post by flipflopfetish » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:20 am

btw, sorry about the hug, i had missed your signature, would you like me to edit it out?

flipflopfetish
awe-inspiring
awe-inspiring

Post by flipflopfetish » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:20 am

double post :roll:
Last edited by flipflopfetish on Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

moo-moo
town councillor
town councillor

Post by moo-moo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:14 am

no it is fine, i think i might avtully change it to hugs and pms welcome

recovering4me
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

HI class

Post by recovering4me » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:55 am

hon i doubt ur counselor told ur teachers that u si because of the privacy act thingie. they aren't allowed to disclose that kind of info to anyone but parents/gaurdians but about the rumors try not to let them get to you people are just ignorant and don't understand what you're going through... (((((warm hugs))))))
Proud Member of NOB WHEATS
Not Old But We Hate Every and All Text Speak
Completely cut free since sometime in Aug, im not going back.
My Place
Sober since June 19
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
*grieving the loss of my little girl, Addie Leygh, RIP baby girl, mommy loves you*

moo-moo
town councillor
town councillor

Post by moo-moo » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:00 pm

thanks, i totally forgot about that. :lol: :star: :tongue: