Need advice

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

narcoleptic
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Need advice

Post by narcoleptic » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:29 am

Well. I stopped SI. I think officially a year ago but a few slips.

Since I was on antidepressants I've started being more sociable. I think I'm doing better but whenever I skip a few days I slip up really bad. The thing is I really feel ashamed and embarrassed to be on antideppressants. I don't want to need them. I want to be like everyone else. I know they make me better but I just wanted to know anyone who could offer some advice for how to deal with constantly feeling like a freak for being on them?
I think I'm shy even online.

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:54 am

you're not a freak fo rbeing on anti-d's. there are millions of people around the world who are on them. i don't know if that helps you, but you're not alone in the world of taking medication toa chieve emotional stability.

take care of yourself.
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

VowsOfSadness
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by VowsOfSadness » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:08 am

I am on anti-depressants too. One thing I want to say, and I'm not sure if you're out or not about it, but what medicine you are on is your own business so if you're afraid of what others think they don't need to know. It is your right to keep that for yourself.

And if it is private guilt or whatnot you are feeling but you need to learn that having depression is nothing to be ashamed of and that you are helping to help yourself by taking your meds. Nobody even has to know about your medicine and you need to think of it as a crutch to get you back on your feet again.

not sure if this was any help.
*Challenges welcome*
I always love a :lpurpstar:

I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized we're all in this together.

Drop by my place & say hi :)
Ask me anything!!!

I'm fully Recovered!