scared - burned

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Alethea
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

scared - burned

Post by Alethea » Thu May 11, 2006 3:10 am

I burned myself for the first time and the thing is, I really can't even think of why. The way just occurred to me and I did it. And now I feel scared and upset.
I'd just like any advice or thoughts...
Thanks.
Be not the slave of your own past - plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advaced experience that shall explain and overlook the old.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Visit my place: http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=85389

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Thu May 11, 2006 6:52 am

try to work with the feelings of being scared. try to work out why you burned and put something in place so that you don't do it next time. this fear may be something positive for you - it may get you to re-evaluate your si/the choices behind your si.
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

lelijk lijk

Post by lelijk lijk » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:38 pm

Mercy Snow gave some very good advise.
I am having trouble with burning right now, so i can sortof understand how you feel and how you don't know why you did it..
the thing that you should do is to talk yourself through it to see what made you do it. Its hard to figure out sometimes...but in some cases, knowing why you did it, makes it easier for you to not do it again.

hope that was alright for you...sorry for it being so long...

-johanna :star:

leemc77
postinating the countryside
postinating the countryside

Post by leemc77 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:57 am

It's a hard problem to deal with. You know it's weird how it happens - I can't even remember the first time I did it, but I sure felt it afterwards. Honestly, it's really hard to stop once you get in a cycle. All I can say, is get rid of the tools around that you could use to burn yourself with. I'm dealing with this myself. I'm here if you need someone to listen.

Leeanna