Help...

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

Paige_McGowan
one of us
one of us

Help...

Post by Paige_McGowan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:27 pm

Ok to make thing sweet and some what short so I don't go on for pages and pages. What my post it about is for advices on how to cope with the continuing thought of self harm. I have been clean for 6 months, but I stll get the urge to still cut. I know I should get out of the house and I try to as much as I can, but since I don't have a car it's hard. What i guess i'm asking is what types of activities would people what have gone through the same thing I have suggest. I would rather hear it from people who have gone through the same thing I have gone through.

Thanks for your help :)

falling...
sock rocker
sock rocker

Post by falling... » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:32 pm

hey welcome to BUS :moo: <-tradition.

Have you found the vast list of coping stratergies yet? the are at the top of coping, or source book (cant remember which!), as a sticky...

Congrats on stopping for 6 months, thats good going, if you getting urgey try the questionaries in the before and after forum, they can be useful to make you stop and think what your doing.

If you want more replies, try posting on the main board, as more ppl use it...
:star:
Last edited by falling... on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

whypie
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by whypie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:33 pm

Hi, welcome to bus :)

:moove: <----traditional welcome cow

If you are looking for things to distract you (I think that's what you mean) then go here :
http://buslist.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=34500

It has an amazing list of things to do. I printed them off :)

I hope this is what you were looking for and good luck
[My Place]

*Hugs are always welcome*

Spidey
board admin
board admin

Post by Spidey » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:39 pm

welcome to bus! Have a welcome :moo:

There's tons of things that you can do without leaving your house. Check out distractions and the Vast List of Coping Strategies.

Some things I do:

Play games on the internet (Yahoo Games is great)
Cook (for other people or myself if no-one's around)
Watch a really good DVD.
there is, in the end, the letting go.
-marya hornbacher

spidey immer voran
(spidey ever onward)

:cowave:

dbms
meeting the neighbors
meeting the neighbors

Post by dbms » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:33 pm

Hi and welcome to BUS. As others have mentioned there is a good list of coping strategies on BUS. I try to remember that they are just thoughts and urges. When they get to be overwhelming, I write, build something, clean house, listen to music, sometimes all at once. It's quite a sight. Seems to working as I've been SI free for months now.

I don't know if the thoughts will ever go away completely but I can cope as it seems you have done with six months now. Congratulations on six months, well done. [/list]
Mark
I looked for a person who most needed my kindness today and somehow found myself.