advice? any at atll?please...

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

whale5
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

advice? any at atll?please...

Post by whale5 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:15 am

hey i have never posted here but i need some advice i guess....i have develpoed and ed and i am terriffied of it...like scared to death...adn dont really know much about it and i dont want it to start taking my life over and was wondering if anyone had any advice or thoughts? anythign would be GREATLY appreciated...:) thanks
wat to do?

balletomane
one of us
one of us

Post by balletomane » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:01 am

It is good that you recognize that you have a problem. now the next step is getting some help. Eating disorders can be very dangerous, so i would guess that you are better off seeking help for it. Are you in therapy? If not, you should consider seeking out a therapist who has experience treating eating disorders. You can also talk to your doctor.

Good luck.

pretty
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by pretty » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:26 pm

As b said, the fact that you recognise that it's a problem, and the fact that you're scared of it, is positive. To me that fear means that some part of you wants to protect you. Eds are *seriously* scary, and for good reason.

She's also right that the best thing you can do is get some help, see your gp or talk to someone else who can help you find professional help.
'this is what she says gets her through it,
"if I don't let myself be happy now, then when?"' - jimmy eat world

place