Trust?

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

xx_please_save_me_xx
one of us
one of us

Trust?

Post by xx_please_save_me_xx » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:45 am

I want to be able to talk to my friends about my problems but I don't know if I can trust them. They want me to talk to them and they say they wont tell my mom that I have been cutting or how I have been acting, but I don't want to spill my life to people whom I don't know if I can trust them to keep a secret or not. I don't know if my life would be too much for them to hear. They could talk about my life to their parents just because they are worried about me, but then their parents would talk to my mom about all that I told their children. What should I do? Should I trust my friends with my secrets?
Please save me from myself... :30_days_si_free:

pretty
board admin emeritus
board admin emeritus

Post by pretty » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:22 pm

Can you say to your friends that you're concerned they'll talk to their parents cos they're worried about you? Then maybe explain that there is no need to worry about you, but you'd like to talk about some stuff?
'this is what she says gets her through it,
"if I don't let myself be happy now, then when?"' - jimmy eat world

place

maenad
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by maenad » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:49 pm

Yes and maybe start out slow just telling them something little you feel mostcomfortable with. You don't have to tell them anything you don't want or everything at once. Just saying you're feeling very bad can be enough to begin with.
I can kill you with my brain...

Emma Wallace
spiffy maximus
spiffy maximus

Post by Emma Wallace » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:06 am

If they were going to talk to their parents, it would be because they were worried and wanted to help, right? Not because they wanted to make things worse, at least that's what I would guess.

I think that you need to tell them how they can help you, and give them enough information about the issue so they can feel less scared, then they won't feel the need to tell their parents or yours.

But Serenity is right, starting slow is a good idea.
-E

xx_please_save_me_xx
one of us
one of us

Post by xx_please_save_me_xx » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:18 am

Thanks I guess I will try talking to them when I can.
Please save me from myself... :30_days_si_free: