Lettin everyone down

tips on how to cope: dealing with your feelings, dealing with the consequences of self-harm in your life. share your ideas and maybe pick up some new skills, too. you don't have to want to stop to learn something new here.

Moderators: Spidey, noldo

shellchick91
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Lettin everyone down

Post by shellchick91 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:50 pm

How do I cope w/ lettin everyone down.?

Shells
down my cheeks the tears do flow,
my heart broken with grief
my skin mangled with scars i bare
come kind night....
please take my thoughts and prayers

OverTheWorst
beyond inspiring
beyond inspiring

Post by OverTheWorst » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:53 am

I wish i had the answer but i dont because i dont know how they'd cope either

perilousjourney
unpacking boxes
unpacking boxes

Post by perilousjourney » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:21 pm

I do not know your situation, but usually when I feel I am letting everyone down and I talk to them about it, (I dont have many people in my life so I can do that) they tell me I am not letting them down.
But when I make mistakes and I know I am letting people down, I try to apologize and just try to do better, but I have to try to focus on doing better for myself, if I focus on doing things for others only then I usually end up failing and feeling lke I am not good enough then I do poorly again. it is hard, I try to think of each day as a new start.
hope this helps in some way
Tressi

maenad
quintessential regular
quintessential regular

Post by maenad » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:41 pm

"usually when I feel I am letting everyone down and I talk to them about it, (I dont have many people in my life so I can do that) they tell me I am not letting them down."

That's a really good point. the first thing is to think about if you have actually let people down, or if you are just feeling that way. Think about if there were things you could have done differently, this will also make you feel more hopeful of being able to do things better next time.

Think about why you did something that let someone down, what could you do to avoid it? Maybe there wasn't anything.

And just be honest with them, say sorry if you feel sorry, and explain why it happened.

And never beat yourself up too much because mostly we don't do things for bad reasons, we just all make mistakes sometimes, and you'll be stronger and in a better position not to make them if you are kind and understanding of yourself.
I can kill you with my brain...